• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roald Dahl.

my favourite is charley & the chocolate factory! but i love matilda, the witches and the twits too!

Kylie1007 said:
Oh and talking of Enid Blyton - my OH had never heard of Mallory Towers or The Twins at St Clares! I LOVED those books!!!!
i loved them too!

I love Roald Dahl books. I bought my son the full collection of them and I still pinch one to read every now and then. My favorite is probably Charlie and the Chocolate factory but I love 'Boy' his autobiography about when he was growing up!

I have a box full of them in the loft at my dads and he is under strict instructions not to bin them as I will be reading them to Arianna.

I loved his books, I remember getting them at primary school to read :D

My mum used to be a home help for a retired Psychologist who years ago helped Roald Dahl give up smoking.
Sadly my mums friend passed away last November in his early 90's.

I love him too - Charlie and the chocolate factory, georges marvellous medicine, matilda - im going to try and find a cheap copy of his autobiography on ebay, i want to know what inspired him to come up with so many funny stories

HappyAlice said:
I love him too - Charlie and the chocolate factory, georges marvellous medicine, matilda - im going to try and find a cheap copy of his autobiography on ebay, i want to know what inspired him to come up with so many funny stories

Do that! Boy is great - got the inspiration for Charlie & the chocolate factory was inspired by the parcels of choc they got at school to taste the new choc bars. Going Solo (the 2nd part from when he left school) isn't so interesting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back