I'm off work today - need your opinion

xkikix

Reaction score
We still have a lot of snow lying around where I live and I had a bump in my car yesterday, It was quite a hard bang at the front and the steering went funny.

DH is a mechanic and he looked at it and i've knocked the steering tracking out. He did a bit of work on it in the snow yesterday but it needs to go to his work to go on some machine to be straightened properly. He couldnt take it today and i'm not prepared to drive a dodgy car in the snow/ice to work with me being pregnant and with DS in the car (to drop him off at childcare).

I only work 2 days a week Mon and tue and i'm not sure what to do about tomorrow. The car wont be fixed but its raining now so the snow should be gone. Would you go in (drive the dodgy car) or have another day off? What would you think as an employer? I live out of town so walking isnt an option xxx

Best thing to do is ring work in the morning (or if you have a bosses work mobile number) and explain the situation.

I'd definately ring work. Having a child in the car would terrify me.

I rang them this morning to let the know I wouldnt be in and they were fine, they just said make sure bump and I are ok. I just dont know what to do about tomorrow, like is it acceptable to have 2 days off for a car bump?

i think as its a one off they might be ok, if you were taking a lot of time off they may be less understanding. Is it possible to make up the days later in the week (i'm guessing not due to child care) if it was in any way feasable maybe offereing your boss that may help as well.

Sandi

xkikix said:
We still have a lot of snow lying around where I live and I had a bump in my car yesterday, It was quite a hard bang at the front and the steering went funny.

DH is a mechanic and he looked at it and i've knocked the steering tracking out. He did a bit of work on it in the snow yesterday but it needs to go to his work to go on some machine to be straightened properly. He couldnt take it today and i'm not prepared to drive a dodgy car in the snow/ice to work with me being pregnant and with DS in the car (to drop him off at childcare).

I only work 2 days a week Mon and tue and i'm not sure what to do about tomorrow. The car wont be fixed but its raining now so the snow should be gone. Would you go in (drive the dodgy car) or have another day off? What would you think as an employer? I live out of town so walking isnt an option xxx

You could always ask if it could be taken as unpaid leave. Why did you tell them you werent in today? Did you tell a white lie :fib:

No I didnt lie, I told them about the bump but I didnt know whether it sounded crap, like I could get the bus but it wouldnt really be possible with chester going to his nanas.

I've offered to take the 2 days as unpaid so i'll have to see what happens when I get paid!

)
xkikix said:
No I didnt lie, I told them about the bump but I didnt know whether it sounded crap, like I could get the bus but it wouldnt really be possible with chester going to his nanas.

Good luck, is the car up and running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back