Total rookie about what comes next...

HopesDreams

Reaction score
So I got my first BFP yesterday....tested twice. According to the first day of my last period I am 4 weeks, 5 days. Should I make a gp appointment for this week (if possible) to get it confirmed with them or is it too early to see a gp?

Hey firstly massive congrats!!! I made app with gp the next day after BFP she didn't do preg test just normal obs like pulse bp etc she then referred me to the midwife then they got in contact with me the week after.

My GP didn't need to see me. I think they take your word for it as tests are so accurate these days! You just need to fill in a form and pick up a pack from your GP, then at around 7 weeks ring your local hospital to book your dating scan, usually between 10-12 weeks!
It was the longest wait of my life waiting for my first scan!
Congratulations on your BFP and good luck cooking your little bub! Xxx

Congrats!!! I didn't see my doctor, just my midwife for your booking in appt. call your doctors and the receptionist can advise you...!!x

Welcome and congratulations!

It's different for every area, but I agree with Lolly - call your GP surgery and reception should be able to advise you. For me I had to see the GP, although she didn't do another test, just my BP and a referral form to the community midwives and the hospital. I got a letter asking me to call to arrange a convenient booking appt. Then I didn't see anyone until my 12 week combined booking in appointment and scan. :D

Congrats hun, I had to see my GP just to get a pack and referral to midwife, they didn't check nothing other than my BP. Was a waste of time IMO but thats the process in my surgery! As the girls have said, give them a ring! Very little happens after than and it also depends on your area. I had booking and scan at 10 weeks (standard in Wales) so nothing happened from 4 weeks to 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back