Too Full!

Jadie

Reaction score
I think I know why Oliver was not eating his solids. he is still having too much milk. I took him to the HV and I told her how I feed him then a hour later I offer solids. I need to give him the solids then the milk. It worked a few times but I have to make sure he does not get too hungry otherwise he just wants milk and ends up wirth no solids!

He has been having milk every two hours so is too full of milk. I need to give him snacks and a drink of water in the day too!

JAdie

when i weaned min i used to breast feed them to take the edge off the hungar then break off and try a bit of solids then breast feed again.
It worked really well.
If you try and feed them when they are revenous they get all frustrated and tend not to respond too well to solids.

I am now giving him breakfast as soon as he wakes, today he ate 12 teaspoons of baby porriage. Then milk when he asks for it. Then for his lunch and tea I am leaving him for 1 hour 30 minsatfer he has mummy milk before giving him the solids. Any longer than this and he wont eat he wants his milk.

He is eating more now and slept till 3 30 last night before waking. He had started to wake about 12 again so he slept longer last night. I cant seem to fit any snacks in. If i did he would just be eating all day!!

The health vistor I saw on tuesday said by one he should only be having two booby feeds aday! This does not seem like much? Is it right what she said?

I rather get help from here than from the HVs.

every baby is different. my eldest went off her milk at about 6 months and i had to really encourage her to take her milk. But the other two were still having quite a few feeds in the day at 7 months. So long as hes having a good meal a day (maybe midday) and you're happy breast feeding him and hes happy taking it then i can't see what the problem is. I don't think there are rules with this sort of thing. Floow what you feel is rght for you and your bubba. :hug:

When you do his porrage do it with some expressed breastmilk - i found mine enjoyed it more like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back