too early for a bump?

delmesgirl

Reaction score
i've been off work for a couple of weeks and due to go back next week. just tried my work trousers on and they don't fit!!!!!!
my mum said yesterday she thought i had a tummy, but i told her it was just my usual fat tummy, but now i'm not so sure.
is 10 weeks too early to get a little bump?

My stomach is massive already! I cannot fit into my normal trousers. I got some lovely bran new top shop maternity trousers off ebay for £9.99 perfect for work.

I was in the bath yesterday and hubby (ever so tactfully) said he thought I had a bump. I think its just because I have been going to the gym less (far too tired - i usually go 5 times a week) and eating more (no more diets!). I'm not small anyway so it will all add up. I'm trying to hold out until after Christmas before getting some new work clothes - everyone will know by then anyway and I'll wear my bump with pride, even if it is just too many potatoes (can't get enough of them!)

My trousers have been a bit tight recently but last night, I changed into my usual slobbing about jeans when I got home and they were so tight over my lower tummy and just didn't sit the same.

I've been dubious about whether I'm getting a bump or not as I put on/lose weight really easily and have been a yo-yo dieter for years but my jeans were definitely sitting very strangely on me.

I can't afford any maternity clothes! I'm going to have to cost these purchases for after Christmas!

Valentine xxx

most of my jeans are quite baggy anyway. so i havent noticed much in that way. i have however noticed, when i lye on my stomach at night it is alot harder and is feeling uncomfortable.

everyone is different. and i know second time moms show more quickly than first time.

i have definatley noticed a roundness just underneath my belly button but im sure im a couple of weeks more than i think but i wont know until my scan in january

My tummy feels quite round and definitely harder just above my bikini line. Most of my clothes are too tight round my waist now but Im waiting til the January sales to get a few pairs of maternity jeans etc :)

thanks girls :D

maybe it is a little bump then and not just too many pre-christmas choccies!!! :lol:

Hi

Its definetly not too early i was in maternity in first trimester with both pregnancies so far. Some grow faster then others thats all.
Katrina

hi hun, im 10 weeks and ive got a little bump and my pants are getting very tight, my friends say when you get to 10 weeks coming up to the 3 month mark you do start showing xx i love it and cant wait for it to get bigger x

I'm still wearing the same clothes but some of them are tighter than they used to be.

I went away on a business trip just after I conceived (didn't know I was pg at the time of course). I usually put on about 4/5 lbs when I'm away (all the expense account food etc) so unfortunately I've got a head start in the weight gain :(

Like a lot of other ladies here I'm trying to put off buying new clothes to accommodate the growing bump until after Christmas. I'll also use Ebay because I need a few things for work.

Sabrina
x

im nearly 18 weeks now and started wearing maternity jeans [under bump ones] from 12 weeks as i couldnt bear anything on my tummy !
At the moment tho I hardly have a bump, this is my 4th pregnancy too, went xmas shopping yesterday and was chattin to a sales assistant in boots she couldnt believe im pregnant ! saying I just didnt look it lol

Im sure tho in a cpl of weeks my tummy will just suddenly expand, a lot of my early tummy im convinced was due to bloating etc but could 'feel' the top of my uterus at around 11 weeks.

although non of my tops fit , i am still in my pre pregnancy trousers, but have lost a lot of weight through vomitting but everyone is different

I've been in maternity gear for last 2 or 3 weeks. It's such a relief and is actually quite nice.

Definitely got a little bump. It feels quite large for me, cos I'm used to having a totally flat stomach but it won't be long before people notice. In fact we're having a sweep stake at work amongst the 6-7 people who do know to see who will be the tactless person to ask me and when. :lol: :oops:

Do you find your bump goes down over night and swells up during the day? Mines definitely bigger and tighter last thing at night. :?

H

xx

Due to bloating, my stomach is much tighter and harder at night. It also depends if ive been on my feet all day.

I thought my 'bump' was due to bloating or over eating,but i woke up this morning and my stomach is usually soooooo flat,but today i could see a little bump showing :)

Hi

Im the same my tummyis smaller during the day then when i go to bed at night its bigger and more hard
Katrina

I've noticed in the afternoon evening my tummy is so bloated but that could be down to all the big dinners I've been eating its great not having to diet - was at the drs this morning and she said it's down to the progesteron hormone one of my boobs is bigger than the other too I hope they sort themselves out soon I look very lopsided. I can't wait until I get a proper bump.

My tummy is definitely a lot harder today. It doesn't seem bigger but it is a slightly different shape to usual :?

Sabrina x

I don't think it's too early for a bump. Everyone is different and all bumps grow at different rates

Let's have some bump pics because I for one would love to see these ikkle (for now!!) bumps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back