too early to be thinking of this?

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hi girls!

I was wondering if you think its too early to be planning to put the nursery together and washing all the clothes for the baby? I think I have got so caught up in excitement at being in my 3rd trimester I am getting carried away with planning. When I stop and think I am only 27 weeks still I feel disappointed.

Also I am still very anxious about something going wrong - I should be able to relax a bit now shouldn't I? Are my feelings normal or am I getting carried away again?

Xx

hi there when i had my first i started getting all those littlebits of jobs done as ur bump is still smallish so its easier to move around trust me when u hit 32 weeks and more u wont want to do anything lol

just take it easy and do a small bit each day hun xx

I worry all day, all night, all through TV shows, work, eating. I literally never stop. I am concerned I am making myself ill with it - is the baby moving? Is it moving enough? Is it OK? (that's what 2 MCs will do to your sanity...)

whether it is "normal" to feel this way is a whole other discussion!!!

I think we did our nursery at about 28 wks. I am now very glad we did as Im absolutely huge and i am exhausted just lugging myself about!

As for baby clothes I did them about 3 weeks ago, but wish I'd waited a little longer with them as they no longer have that 'just-washed' smell as the wardrobe they're hanging in is new and the smell of the wood has absorbed the fragrance.

I'd do it while you have the energy and the inclination though hun, I know I'm glad I'm all sorted! xx Enjoy it xx

I don't think it's too early now to start getting things sorted. I found from 30 weeks I started feeling uncomfortably big and also stopped sleeping so have been constantly tired, so maybe now is a good time! As for worrying - no offence but you are obviously a worrier, you have worried all the way through tri 1 and tri 2......if you can I'd try to think more positive because you must be ruining any enjoyment of your pregnancy and you really are on the home stretch now. I worried through tri 1 but really relaxed through tri 2 and am just enjoying tri 3 - of course we all have our moments of anxiety or worry here and there, but just try not to let them dominate and take over your everyday enjoyment of being pregnant as then you will be missing out on so much xxx

I totally agree with Amanda - try not to let your worries and stresses take over and ruin the final stage of youre pregnancy. Theres so much to moan/stress/worry about in tri it can take over you if you let it!

Ive left all the final touches to nursery and washing clothes until week after next when i go on maternity, just to give me something to do more than anything but i dont see anythign wrong with doing it early :) especially if it gets you more excited!! xxx

It's totally up to you hun. But I agree that the bigger you get the less you'll want to do lol.
Only reason my nursery isn't finished is because my step dad is doing the rest of the decorating in 2/3 weeks. I would really like it done now but I'm trying to remain patient!
Thankfully I have everything else organised now.
X

All my nursery furniture is getting put up tomorrow and while the men are at work I'll be washing Jaiden's clothes, lining his drawers and dryin them ready for when he arrives!!! I think I did it about this time last time too xx

I'm like you I'm a big worrier and huge anxiety sufferer which a lot of the girls already know. It just depends what kind of person you are. Personally I know I'll be like this until I have baby, I have probably ruined my pregnancy by being anxious/depressed and worried. But it's who I am. And you seem to be a worrier just like me. I have half the nursery done, but we may be moving now so I have stopped until we know for sure whats happening. As for clothes I've hardly bought any, my mums bought lots for him when born and waiting to see what people get me as gifts before I stock up as they grow so fast and people will buy lots of clothes xx

im a major worrier too and the worse part is when they born u worry even more about different things, My son is 5 and i still worry about him lol, i am totally relaxed one minute then can have a major panic going on the next i think it just depends on the type of person u are.

Id say do the things whenever u want every1 is different i know a girl of 16 weeks who has bought nearly everything from the crib to nappies and has it all organised. Ive not started apart from some clothes and my pram but when i get to 30 weeks thats when im going to start. :)

Last edited:
I have been a worrier and anxiety sufferer from a young age - it kills any enjoyment that normal people have! When I was pregnant with my son I worried constantly - I even convinced myself that I had HIV and that my son would be born with it - completely irrational as I had been tested for EVERYTHING due to severe stomache pains prior to finding out I was pregnant. I used to cry myself to sleep everynight - sounds dramatic but it's very very true! For years later I worried that how I was in pregnancy had effected him and then I carried even more guilt...

Trust me....it does you no good! But I understand that people cannot help it.

This pregnancy I have made a concious effort to relax and not get stressed - taken time out for myself and taken up Natal Hypnotherapy and aromatherapy - might sound mad and hippy like to some of you but it is has helped me. I don't remember ever feeling this relaxed and the benefit to me and to my baby has given me a sense of peace (christ I sound like a total odd ball now huh?)

Try and chill out - find your way of doing it - it really does help! xx

I have been a worrier and anxiety sufferer from a young age - it kills any enjoyment that normal people have! When I was pregnant with my son I worried constantly - I even convinced myself that I had HIV and that my son would be born with it - completely irrational as I had been tested for EVERYTHING due to severe stomache pains prior to finding out I was pregnant. I used to cry myself to sleep everynight - sounds dramatic but it's very very true! For years later I worried that how I was in pregnancy had effected him and then I carried even more guilt...

Trust me....it does you no good! But I understand that people cannot help it.

This pregnancy I have made a concious effort to relax and not get stressed - taken time out for myself and taken up Natal Hypnotherapy and aromatherapy - might sound mad and hippy like to some of you but it is has helped me. I don't remember ever feeling this relaxed and the benefit to me and to my baby has given me a sense of peace (christ I sound like a total odd ball now huh?)

Try and chill out - find your way of doing it - it really does help! xx

That's great Miss that you've found ways to help you to relax a bit for this pregnancy - doesn't sound too mad hippy at all! xxx

thats is good miss cause its so easy to get urselfe worked up isnt it

Thanks for all the replies girls! Its good to know I'm not the only worrier - you hit the nail on the head there amandapanda! Lol! Thing is I never used to be, never worried about exams or finances or any of the other things that set most people off. I always had a what will be will be attitude, pregnancy has brought out a whole new aspect to my personality!

I think I will sort the nursery before I get too much bigger, but will leave to clothes until later. I will was the ones for the hospital bag when I get to 30 weeks then do the rest at 37/38 weeks (all being well of course)! That way they will still be smelling nice and it will give me something to do!

Thanks for all the advice!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back