Bump at 8 weeks??

ToriElla

Reaction score
Is that possible? I swear I look pregnant already! I know it's my second but it's still pretty early! Am I just bloated? it's a proper bump shape aswell. I'm not huge but getting to the stage where it's noticable in certain clothes and my trousers are tight on my tummy. My bra is really tight aswell!

I'm going to be huuuuuuge I think :shock:

Are you really ickle? If so it might be evidence of your organs getting shifted about ready for uterus growth, but mainly it'll be bloat TBH. You do seem to show earlier the smaller you are though.

I went huge when I had Eva but I can't remember when I started to show. My parents keep saying it's because it's my second and that I am showing. I thought it was just bloating but I dunno!!

Oh yeah, loads of girls have said they show much earlier with the second, something to do with your body being more prepared to stretch as it remembers what to do?! so could well be baby! Sorry forgot about that, have automatic tendency to assume that everyone else is on their first too :oops:

I was having this convo with my sister a couple of weeks back. She said she could tell when I was pregnant with my third, and I didn't even know it then, she said I just looked pregnant, I was 6 weeks but didn't need maternity wear until 4 or 5 months.
I had to go into maternity clothes at 8 weeks when I was having my son (no 4) and the same thing has happened this time, only a week and a half earlier.
It looks like fat to the unknowing eye, but Dh thinks it looks like a bump.

I've seen some proper bumps really early on, some have gone on to have big babies, others just carried a lot of water.

The uterus doesn't move up above your pelvic bone until you're around 12 weeks, so it's probably just everything else moving and shifting to make room. Or it could be bloat! I felt bigger at 8 weeks than I did at 12 because I was so bloated up to around week 10/11.

I have a little bump already too, and I'm not quite 7 weeks. This is my fourth pregnancy though. I have started to wear maternity clothes already as none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit comfortably, even tracksuit bottoms. I know that my dates are right and that the uterus is still tucked in the pelvis, but as others have said, the body starts to stretch and things move around to let the uterus expand as it needs to. I've certainly felt the stretching pains this time round. Added to that, lots of us eat a bit more in the first few weeks, sleep more (so are less active), have sluggish digestions and retain a bit of water. With all that going on, its not so surprising that we don't keep our flat bellies for long!

me too! i am showing at 7 weeks but this is my second and i am only little so a slight belly looks big on me lol.

i was massive with millie i carry a lot of water :)

I have a bump to but dont really know how far on I am, as you can see by my ticker!!!
I defo have a baby bump and if it looks like bloat I dont care!! Its a bump to me!!!!

I'm on my 5th and could pass for 6 months gone.I reckon its all my fat being shoved up by the baby :D

I am 6 weeks with my first although I did miscarry about 4 years ago. every time I eat I feel so bloated and my tummy just seems to stick out all the time. I am a size 12 so pretty average, but I always did have a bit of a pop belly even when I was a little girl and I was really skinny back then !!

I am 8 weeks and have been in maternity trousers for a fortnight :oops:

This is my first baby (3rd pregnancy but the others didn't get very far so I don't think it counts) and I have just bloated hugely. It's all pies and water retention (probably not helped by my intense constipation either :lol:) but it looks AWFUL! I feel about 5 months gone already :lol:

I think I'm just fat! I must have put on half a stone in two months. If eat any more fruit and veg I could explode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back