Told the boss

mustard

Reaction score
Yesterday I told the two directors of the company I work for that I'm pregnant. They were both actually very nice and supportive. Although they did ask questions like when I'm I thinking of going on maternity leave and then when I answered they said 'oh well, you won't know how you will feel till nearer the time' (so why did you ask then). But all in all went well and I'm pleased. Next hurdle is telling everyone else I work with. I'm sure most will be lovely but when I'm at work I like to stay professional and keep my private life out of it. Some of my workmates are happy to chat for ages about their love lives, kids, health problems etc. and I'm happy to join in with them but I never talk about myself really, which was always fine as I'm 'boring' but now pregnancy will make me 'interesting' I'm worried they won't ever shut up. This probably sounds like I'm being very unfair and I probably am. I also hate being babyed and will go mad if anyone says 'oh you shouldn't lift that, stand on there etc'. I'm being such I bitch, my workmates are lovely it will be fine. Thanks for letting me vent and if anyone has any tips or experiences on telling work, I would love to read them.

Hope all goes well mustard. I'm near enough the baby of the office anyway and I kinda like them all tellin me I can't do it!

Just say to them you dont want to be made a fuss of and remind them each time they do it.

xx

Good advice thanks. 3 years ago I was the youngest at work and suddenly I got old and they employed loads of kids so now I'm one of the oldies (I'm also quite senior so I think they see me as older than I actually am).

There is only 1 person younger than me inthe office. I work with a team of social workers who are all older, I'm in admin and the senior in the office. So although I'm near enough the baby im the senior :D I was the baby of the office for 5 years and hated it when the youngest came in and stole my crown! Lol!

My boss got really excited when I told her (im a care worker with heavy lifting involved - so had to do that pretty early on ) - and she wont let me do anything now. Its kinda nice sometimes when i have no energy - but when it gets like i feel im not doing anything I just say to them its gonna be an awfully long 7 months if you dont let me help!! and they usually just laugh. lol

xxx

I told management this week too, Well when I say I i mean I got my manager to tell the big boss for me hahaha

Not too sure how he took it as they are going to discuss and come back to me " in due course" what ever that means.

My team leader was nice though and offered to do all my filing for me as standing is not good for me at the moment :)

Im planning on telling the rest of the office on Wednesday once everything is ok in my scann

I'm thinking of telling the rest of work tue or wed next week too, but might wait a bit longer. Let me know how it goes hugsy.

Do you think they might have figured it out allready?

My hairdresser knows as I told her when I decided to give the blonde a miss while pg , I was in last week for my roots and when i went to pay at the counter she laughed and says how the hell are you hiding that from people while pointing at my belly LOL so wont be surprised if some of them in work have figured it out too

people at work were gossiping about me and a bump before i announced it, but as soon as people know takes some of the work load off you! people are like il do that or sit down have a break its ace! x

I think you're both right that they are probably already gossiping because they have been gossiping about when I'll get pregnant for 3 years at least (since I got married) and so they always talk about it but maybe the gossip has increased a bit recently. I don't think they can see the bump, I can only just see it, but they haven't seen me drink in a while and I have avoided a lot of the bigger work nights out recently.

I'm the baby at my work. But I was too scared to tell them but needed the day off as scan was on a working day so my dad called them to tell them. Gossip travelled so quick so everyone there knows now. Hope your well mustard! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back