told my parents last night

rachie29

Reaction score
we had agreed to wait for another couple of weeks as we are seeing everyone on my 30th birthday and was no way i could avoid it (like a drink my family!!), but i was on the phone to my dad last night and he asked me what was new.... so i told him....

i'm glad i did... my dad was chuffed for us and i'm so glad i could finally talk to my mum... we are very close and it was great to hear some of her advice (she always manages it without sounding like she knows best.. )

just got to tell OH i spilled the beans now oops :roll:

That's great news. It does feel so much more real when you tell someone and even better when it's your parents.

My parents have been 100% supportive and have been there for me through some worrying times.

Aww great news, glad they are pleased for you and you can chat to your mum about things :) x

AWW HUN, WELL DONE , MAKES IT SEEM SO MUCH MORE REAL WHEN PARENTS FIND OUT THERE CHILDREN ARE HAVING BABYS... :cheer:

oops caps locks sorry girls.. :roll:

thought it would be weird telling my dad but was actually fine, he was pleased for us.... mum says she is spending the next few months thinking of alternative name to grandma.. she's too young to be a granny she says... cue lots of teasing from my dad in the background!!!

but i think it will make things easier expecially for OH.... i have someone else to share any worries with and as mum has done it twice... she's pretty well equipped... the big plus side is that short labours run in the family.. my gran and my mum and my mums sister were all done in under 4 hrs!!! :cheer:

glad all is going well took a risk telling them this early tho hope all goes well. best tell oh before he ehars it off your parents :p

tbh, i'm not particularly superstitious and my mum would always be the person i'd call anyway (after OH obviously) ...

ghlad everything was ok hun, atleast u have got extra support from the people that care about u now :D
x sophie x

Telling your parents is the best bit! but you should of told them to their fsces just to see their reactions, my mum (who i know longer speak to) was gobsmacked.
Im glad it was a great experience for you though, i bet they blubbed a bit after you got off the phone :D :hug: :hug:

my oh was first to know cause he kept saying ring them up and find our lol i was scared to ring after last time with mc but everything was fine then i told my mum but i was almost 11weeks at the time think. its fun tho when thye know makes u feel better. nan was last to know lol

glad everythings ok:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back