Toilet troubles?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by lisey, Jun 11, 2013.

1. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Is anyone suffering with this, I usually get v constipated when pregnant but I am having slightly the opposite. I haven't got diarrhea but am having to go more than normal and stomach feels a bit unsettled after I eat. I don't know if its the pregnancy vitamin causing it as I didnt realise I was supposed to take on a full stomach but I am hoping this is somewhat normal to hsve some digestive difficulties? X

2. Vickilou25

Vickilou25 Well-Known Member

I am also going more than normal so I'm guessing its different for every person :) xx

3. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Oh i am glad its not just me, you read about constipation but not really the other way round x

4. calanacau

calanacau Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing this too! I usually have quite a slow digestive system but recently it'squite the opposite!!
    It's actually quite awelcome change :) x

5. Vickilou25

Vickilou25 Well-Known Member

That's true and then you start to doubt yourself because you are different to others xx

6. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

Constipation is from reduced digestion and blood flow

Some ppl (particularly if have ibs) can be affected by the influx of hormones x

7. babyk

babyk Well-Known Member

I had really bad constipation pain from the minute I found out.
    Then I started goin maybe 4 times a day :(
    Thankfully I've got a good balance of fibre an fruit now an its maybe 1 2 at must x

8. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Maybe I need to change something in my diet then. I am finding it v hard to eat at the moment and not liking the thought of fruit x

#8 lisey, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  9. Lilmisshopeful

Lilmisshopeful Well-Known Member

Your not alone I don't poop I wee out my bum it's that bad tmi sorry. Doc told me vitamins can cause it so tried another brand but still have it. Looks like something I will be living with for a while x

10. hayes

hayes Well-Known Member

Im the same girls, such bad poos since sat really. I do suffer with ibs so it might b to do with that but its very annoying and making me worry about when i go back to work!!!

Michelle. x

11. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

I had this! I think I even asked a question about it on the pregnancy chat thread. It disappeared after about 2 weeks thankfully and hasn't really returned. I think it was the vitamins causing it for me, a lot of people advised taking it just before bed because they're so known to disrupt your stomach.

12. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

If vitamins are doing that is it worth taking them?
    Surely you're losing goodness from the food you're eating which is more important? X

13. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

Hm, I see your point! I started taking the vitamins when I found out so around the 6 week mark and between the 6-8 it was a little ridiculous, not to the point where I thought I was drastically losing anything but it was an inconvenience. But after that my body seemed to adjust and now I've been taking them whenever in the day and they don't affect me and I think I'm reaping the benefits now e.g. nice, stronger hair!
    I think if you experience it for a couple of weeks and it's still not sorting itself out, even after taking factors into account such as having them on a full stomach and at night for a while, then you should definitely ask your midwife/doctor about it because I know excessive going and diarrhea is definitely not good.

14. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for replying, this is so reassuring for me. I have suffered with ibs for years so it could be having an impact. I have doctors on monday so if I still have it then I am going to ask doctor about it xx

15. julesrainbow

julesrainbow Well-Known Member

I was exactly the same and still have soft stools, which seem to want to appear first thing in the morning. It seems like going for a number 2 is my morning sickness as often feel much better after it (sorry for tmi). Think I'd prefer a bit loose poo in a morning than throwing up though. The hormones just mess with your digestion and not everyone will get constipation - maybe we've got that to come :( x

#15 julesrainbow, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  16. Sammy jo

Sammy jo Well-Known Member

I had really soft stools for the first 7 weeks borderline water sorry tmi! And now I'm completely the opposite constipation is bloody awful! You'd think after year of evolving one of our main bodily functions would be able to cope with a baby x

17. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

I think I spoke too soon and jinxed myself after this morning!
    Hopefully it's an influx of hormones which is always a good sign and thinking of it that way makes me kind of glad it's here ha!

18. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

I posted something like this my self when I first got my BFP ! it s has settled down now x

19. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

I am so relieved that it seems to be pretty normal x