Toddlers Room 35 degrees!!!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Phoebe's monitor says her room is 35 degrees :shock:
She's woken up 3 times absolutely bawling her eyes out and is dripping sweat. She is down to a nappy with some pants over the top. Her windows are open, I've left her door open (I usually close it) and the stair gate firmly shut.

OH reckons we should put a fan in there but I'm dead against it because she's in a proper bed and into everything so would be worried about her sticking her fingers in it.
I'm anxious enough about the windows even though there is nothing she could climb up to get to them really but still.

What else can I do???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Do u have a monitor for sound or movement still? If u do, I'd pop that on and pop a fan in her room maybe. That way if she gets out of bed u would know?

Or can u put a fan up on her wardrobe angled down a bit, with the cord behind the wardrobe so she can't pull it?

Oh and I thought Drake's room was bad enough at 27 degrees!

Jacks is at 26 degrees. I've currently got him in a short sleeve and legged vest and a 0.5 tog sleeping bag . I'm not sure what to do really in this heat?? So unsure as a first time mummy x

Have you got a travel cot you could set up in a cooler part of the house?

This weather is awful. We had a nightmare with our LO on Friday night. Her room was 24 degrees, so she was in a thin vest and her sleeping bag, but she woke 3 hours after being put down - like a massive ball of heat, crying uncontrollably... it was horrible. She's now in just thin pyjamas, with no sleeping bag or sheets. Last year when it was hot, she slept in just her nappy.

If it is this hot again tonight can you not put the baby-gate at her room and have the fan outside but pointing in?

xxxxx

Dont know if this would work? But through the day could you keep her bedroom curtains/blinds shut so the sun isnt shining in all day? Xx

We have to keep the blinds shut all day in our apartment, and even then our room is 30degrees, we sleep with a fan on all night, directed away from the babies.
I would definately try to get a fan set up safely somehow.

There's a plan above that I'm gonna expand on...

Open the windows, close the curtains, put the fan on in her room, pointed at her bed all day.

At bed time, take the fan away, or put the stairgate in her doorway with the fan behind it blowing in, if it's still too hot.

Cay's down to nappy only.
If it gets any hotter, we're screwed. Xx

35 degrees!! I thought Ethan's was bad enough at 27 degrees.
He's down to just a nappy and in a 1 tog sleeping bag. He's also got the fan on a low setting in his room. I'd try what carnat said and put the fan on the other side of the stairgate maybe? Xx

Could you not put the fan in her room before bed to help cool the room down before hand x

There's a plan above that I'm gonna expand on...

Open the windows, close the curtains, put the fan on in her room, pointed at her bed all day.

At bed time, take the fan away, or put the stairgate in her doorway with the fan behind it blowing in, if it's still too hot.

Cay's down to nappy only.
If it gets any hotter, we're screwed. Xx

This is why i love this forum, putting the fan on the bed is a great tip, thankyou!

Unfortunately even though our window is open for fresh air ( with the outside shutters down most of the way) the air outside is still warmer than the room at night here in Madrid, lol! So we have to limit the time we open windows for. Its so weird having to keep the heat out rather than the cold, oh how i miss england sometimes! :shock:

Thankyou sooo much for all your suggestions and replies.
I've had her windows open and curtains closed all day and put the fan in there about 4 o clock. Her monitor says its 29 degrees in there, so still boiling but at least cooler than last night.
I've left the fan in there on top of her bookshelf but I'll take it out when I go to bed.

My house is like an oven! Doesn't help that shes suffering with a cold too :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Apparently a wet tea towel over the fan acts as make shift air con. Could cool the room down a bit before you put her to bed?

Are struggling with 23! Freya has a short sleeved romper on and a 0.5 tog bag and her hair was wet with sweat!

Blimey! Where do you lot live!! Hottest Mia's room has been is 24! We've been keeping the windows open everywhere throughout the day so maybe that's helped! Hope your lo is more settled tonight x

I dunno why it's so hot, our house is always boiling in the summer and freezing in the winter, there's never a happy medium. The sun seems to be both on the front and back of the house all day though.
She had a rubbish nights sleep again last night, the temp wasnt moving from 29, thats even with all her windows open and the fan in there (we managed to put it up high enough for her not to reach) even in my room it was the same temp.
Don't get me wrong I'm loving the heat in the day but FX for a cooler night soon xx

We are 29 here and struggling

I've had all windows an doors open all day, fan in his room all day in the hope of cooling his room down but no joy.

His room is boiling and he's dripping with sweat, he's already down to just a nappy

Don't know what else to do for him

Tapatalking!

We had the same problem here, restless nights sleep and frustrated baby! What a relief tonight is though :) x

Apparently a wet tea towel over the fan acts as make shift air con. Could cool the room down a bit before you put her to bed?

Oooh, loving this idea! I'll be trying it tomorrow before bed!

We've moved Greyson from the front bedroom where the sun hits in the afternoon, to the back - and it's brought it down a whole degree to 27 :roll: Greyson was in his nappy and a 1 tog sleeping bag, and he did seem happy enough. But his 0.5 tog one came today so he's in that with just a nappy and he looks more comfortable - and went to sleep a bit quicker.

My hv suggested putting bowels of water in the room as it will add moisture into the air

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back