toddler losing her voice

melhoney

Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't come on here very often now, esp. after every month's disappointment of not getting a BFP, anyway... I am really concerned, because Maheen has been teething for the past 10 days or so, 4 teeth cutting through at the same time :twisted: , and she is nearly 19months! She has never looked as poorly as this time, and she wakes up every night and cries a lot. She even screams, despite calpol night and Bongela during the day, as well as Nurofen children (during the day). I also have a finger-puppet-like plastic thing to massage her gums that I put in the freezer. She likes it but it doesn't help for much longer than the massage itself! :(

I don't want to give her too much medicine, esp as this seems to have little effect!
Anyway, the point of this thread is not quite that! It's that for the past 2 days, she has been so grumpy and unhappy, that as soon as I don't allow her to do something (and usually she is fine about this), she starts screaming, and screaming, and I can hear that she is losing her voice!!!!! :shock:

she is fussing a lot so I do tell her off, but I also comfort her as much as I can, but she still screams as soon as she becomes upset! :( I don't know 1) what to do to help her with the pain 2) what to do to avoid the screaming 3) if losing her voice is "normal" with toddlers, or if I should take her to a GP asap, because she might have damaged her cords!!!

Any help really really appreciated! oh my little girl, I just don't know what to do! :wall: :wall:

Mel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back