Todays' Blackboard Specials...

Just want to say thank you to jo for the tuna and sweetcorn pasta recipe! It is gorgeous! I had a plate full and Aaron had a bowl full and still have two meals for Aaron out of it to go in freezer! And it was so quick adn easy! Trying the nuggets next :D

Rowan is becoming a bit of a connosieur. These are his favs

BEEF WITH SWEET POTATO AND APRICOTS

Dry fry beef mince in a frying pan and then drain off any fat.
In another saucepan boil the sweet pot with 4 dried apricots until soft
Combine with the beef and blitz in a blender until required consistency is achieved.

Notice there are no amounts or times given as I just do it by eye sorry.

NORMANDY CHICKEN

Saute an onion and an apple (peeled and chopped) in a frying pan with a little unsalted butter.
Add apple juice and diced chicken and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and blitz in a blender adding a little of the liquid until required consistency is achieved.

Both of these freeze really well and the adding of fruit is a great way of stopping constipation as your child is adjusting to having meat in their diet :D

I made the Normandy Chicken recipe today again and this time I really reduced the apple juice and then added a little cream then blitzed it up. Makes for a smoother consistency and adds more flavour. It didn't touch the sides :D

Miracle babe said:
I made the Normandy Chicken recipe today again and this time I really reduced the apple juice and then added a little cream then blitzed it up. Makes for a smoother consistency and adds more flavour. It didn't touch the sides :D

mmm.. they sound lovely!

thanks for posting these recepies!

I'm going to try Rowan on my version of Maryland chicken.

Take a skinless chicken breast and make an incision in it and stuff in a peeled banana. Place in an oven proof dish tip over a can of sweetcorn and a carton of single cream and bake in the oven. Blitz to required consistency.
I make an adult version of this and its totally gorgeous just leave out the white wine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back