Todays' Blackboard Specials...

emilia

Reaction score
As suggested in "Steak & Guiness Stew", some of us would like this as a sticky to inspire eachother. Recipes can be added which should make it great fun and our babies won't get bored with bangers & mash!

Thank you for making me a sticky! :wave:

Emilia xx

ps. Should it maybe be a recipe thread alone - questions elsewhere as usual? :think:

oh yay a recipe thread good idea!!

would love to know how to make lasagna if anyone knows a nice recipe!? lol (i do love cooking but dont know how to make a lot!!!! :rotfl: )

looking forwd to get some good tips. does this mean i get to use my new cooker? and my microwave can have a break :oops:

Thanks Jo.... I've stolen this from one of your replies!!
:cheer:
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:14 pm

CHEESE SAUCE
2 x 5ml t spoons cornflour
120ml milk (breast formula or full fat cows)
1 x t spoon hard cheese(cheddar)
mix all in cold milk then heat until thickened
I usually triple these amounts and make batches to freeze, but only freeze if you are using cows milk

GRAVY
2 x 5ml t spoons cornflour
120ml veg stock made from vegatable water cooled without salt
1/2 t-spoon tomato puree
Mix ingredients in cold stock and heat until thickened
Don't use stock cubes unless they have no salt or additives as these are unsuitable for babaies and really difficult to get hold of!!

emilia said:
Hi there

I always check recipes out here first - they're usually great.

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/

Yummmmm.... I love Lasagne. :D

Emilia xx

ooo thanks that looks like a good site!!

Looking forward to cooking lots of lovely yummy food now!!!! :cheer:
(which hopefully jamie will enjoy too!!)

Your welcome :lol:
Me and petchy pu recipe on here
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=

I made this for Jack the other day and it is yum
Pumpkin and bacon bits1 small pumpkin
1 red onion
and packet of bacon bits(or do ya own)

Cut pumkin in half and de seed cut into wedges then peel, is easier this way, dice the onion and put in roasting dish with olive oil.
Cook on gas 6 for about 20 mins then add bacon bits continue cooking until bacon is cripsy, Thats it done
I added rice to Jacks to bulk it out and made 4 portions for him

If blending it you may need to add a bit of water as it can be a little thick

If you don't add cheese to the cheese sauce recipe it makes a lovely white sauce to mix puree fruits in to

Thanks Petchy :wave:

it's just a simple beef casserole really, but was very tasty! he had some of it as finger food (i left some potato, carrot, broccoli and meat in bigger pieces/chip shaped, but still cooked it in the same pot just took them out before mashing) this made 4 ruben-sized portions but i suppose it depends how much your baby usually eats!

1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 potato, peeled and diced
4 broccoli florets
1 spring onion
100g beef
handful of frozen peas
handful of baby leaf spinach
1/2tsp dried thyme
100ml water (approx)

just add all the veg and meat to a small saucepan, add water till they are just covered, and add the thyme. cook for about 20 mins until tender. drain and mash or puree to your baby's preferred consistency, adding the cooking water to get it as runny as you want! done!

dead easy and as we had a very similar dinner ourselves yesterday it just meant cooking ruben's in a separate little pot, as i cooked our own with salt in the water etc.

From Jo :D

Korma style curry

1/2 Chicken breast (optional)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
5 mushrooms
hand ful Spinich
1 smallRed onion
Tin of Coconut milk
Tablespoon mild curry powder
Olive oil

i fry chicken until done and add all veggies at once, fry for about 10 mins on low heat, add your coconut milk and snd curry powder and simmer until vegies are soft.
thats it dead easy and quick this makes about 4 Jack portions
Blend or mash as requied.
I tend to cut everything into bite size peices before starting and don't be alarmed if it goes green, its the spinach.

rigt have just made this for Jack

Bolaognaise sauce (sp?)
about 50g lean steak mince
1/4 red onion
1 small carrot
2 mushroom
1 brocoli floret

fry mince and onion in olive oil, grate in carrot mushroom and broccoli, simmer for about 10 mins til soft add a HEINZ MUMS OWN BOLOGNAISE sauce and simmer for 5 mins.
I'm gonna freeze this in to 3 portions and add pasta as i need it

Thank you wobbles, you are a sweetie :hug:

Chicken & Pepper Stirfry
(with Sweet Chilli for you.... without for your baby)

1 red onion diced
2 yellow pepper, cut in strips
1 small punnet of baby tomatoes (Rosa is my fav)
8 - 10 skinless & filleted chicken thighs, diced
olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
sweet chilli sause

Heat oil to a good/hot temp and fry onion & garlic until soft. Add chicken and brown a it little. Add the peppers and tomatoes. Stir from time to time until chicken is cooked. I recon about 15 minutes (ish). I certainly wait until the peppers are nice and soft too.

Remove some for baby and add the chilli to your own.

Enjoy this stirfry with rice or in a wrap. We love it in a wrap with a little mayo and chopped avocado.

Oscar had this for his dinner(tea) last night. He had brown rice with it... he thought it was lovely. :D

Dead easy - enjoy!!
Emilia xx

Oscar had an early lunch today...

Main course.... Organic Egg Omelette with cheese
Pudding.... Poached pear with real vanilla custard

All easy peasy! :D

Emilia xx

Oooh i never thought of putting chicken in an ommelate
thanks strangeness :lol:

Emilia, Oscar's menu today sounds lovely! Did you make the custard? If you did would you mind sharing the recipe?

Do you girls use 1 egg for an omelette for the little ones? Or do you make one for everyone and then use a portion?

Thanks
Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back