Todays' Blackboard Specials...

i have just noticed this, (have i been asleep) i have taken some of the recipes they sound great thanks Girls

i did this for alex and hubby the other night and they both yummed it up!

cod in cheese and parsley sauce

1 fillet of cod
brush in olive oil and wrap in foil and cook on gas mark 4 for approx 30 mins (or until fish is nice and flakey)

melt butter in pan and add a couple of handfuls of finely chopped parsley (dried would be fine too) let it soften for 5 mins or so then add flour till you get a paste. add full fat or babes usual milk and stir well till creamy and about the consistance of yoghurt. add a few handfuls of grated cheese to taste ( not too cheesy though)

flake the cod carefully checking for bones then pour sauce over and serve with mash. (mash is ymmuy with some fresh chopped chives mixed in!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That sounds nice Em, I've been after a fish recipe. Never cooked fish before but we had some fish and chips yesterday and I must admit to giving Ella some cod (from the middle without batter on) which she loved. DH wants me to visit the fishmonger in town, but I think the smell might kill me at the moment! :lol:

stephlw25 said:
oh yay a recipe thread good idea!!

would love to know how to make lasagna if anyone knows a nice recipe!? lol (i do love cooking but dont know how to make a lot!!!! :rotfl: )

steph i know its cheating but i use the dolmio lasagne white sauce, on the back is the recipe i follow along with a jar of dolmio spag bol extra spicy or whatever you fancy, its delcious.

Kina said:
That sounds nice Em, I've been after a fish recipe. Never cooked fish before but we had some fish and chips yesterday and I must admit to giving Ella some cod (from the middle without batter on) which she loved. DH wants me to visit the fishmonger in town, but I think the smell might kill me at the moment! :lol:

awww bless ya hun y cant he go after all it was him who made ya feel like thua

liam absolutely loves scrambled egg. :D

went blackberry picking yesterday and liam loved these. going to mix some up with some white sauce for a pudding.

rusks said:
stephlw25 said:
oh yay a recipe thread good idea!!

would love to know how to make lasagna if anyone knows a nice recipe!? lol (i do love cooking but dont know how to make a lot!!!! :rotfl: )

steph i know its cheating but i use the dolmio lasagne white sauce, on the back is the recipe i follow along with a jar of dolmio spag bol extra spicy or whatever you fancy, its delcious.

Funnily enough i bought some in asda yesterday and followed the recipe on the back!!! :lol: cant believe how simple it was! :doh: :lol:

Just a wee tip for all you fishy dishy folk...

If you don't have time to bake the fish, simply put the white fish in a frying pan and cover with milk. Bring to the boil and cook for 5-10 minutes. The milk keeps the colour and the flesh is beautiful and succulent! Oscar had some flaked hake today with sweet potato mash and cheese sauce.

Yum yum
Emilia xx :wave:

hey girls cooked this for B today and he totally loved it

veg IE: broccoli, cawliflower, peas, courgette and sweet potato then added some of them frozen baby foods B totally loved it

how do you cook butternut squash. imade it for kieran 11 years ago and he hated it.

davina said:
how do you cook butternut squash. imade it for kieran 11 years ago and he hated it.

I cut mine into chips and roast them in oven for about half hour. They are great for Reece to munch on. Do with carrots and sweet potato chips for a variety and serve in a bowl :D

I also boil them and mash them, thats just as nice.

okay thanks for that hearts i will give it a whirl.

with making chips with sweet potato do you still have to par boil them or do you just cut them and then put them in the oven?

davina said:
with making chips with sweet potato do you still have to par boil them or do you just cut them and then put them in the oven?

No I just stick them straight in the oven. They take about half an hour at 200 degrees. Or par boil if you want them quicker I suppose(I've never thought about doing that lol) Usually I'm roasting frozen parsnips aswell so they all take the same amount of time. :D

hazel do you dry roast them and does reece eat all these roasted veg and from what age. sorry for all the questoins

davina said:
hazel do you dry roast them and does reece eat all these roasted veg and from what age. sorry for all the questoins

lol its ok. I've done both-dry roasted and oiled with olive oil. He loves them both. Dry roasted is better-less greasy- although you may have to scrape them off the baking tray :lol:

Reece loves them. To be honest I've only thought about making them within the last few months but I'm sure he would've been happy with them before that. He wolfs them down like I do normal chips :rotfl:

i think i am going to do the butternut chips and sweet potato and hopefully joshua will try them too. i will do them over the weekend when i am home
thanks Hazel :hug:

You're welcome davina :D

(if they're crap dont blame me though :rotfl: )

:rotfl: i will Hazel i will definitely blame you :rotfl:

i just cant imagine eating a chip made from the butternut squash :?

I've just done swet potatoe chips and red pepper for Jack
Mmmm Yummmy, think i will do without oil next time as they are quite squisy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back