Todays' Blackboard Specials...

what did you do with the red pepper Jo. did you slice it all into chips

Yeah just sliced it and threw on baking tray with sweet Pots i ate as much as Jack lol

Gonna try with Carrots, beetroot and parsnip next

there is a recipe in Prima baby and they mix cumin in with the oil and it says you can freeze them as well

not sure i'll be doing that :?

I haven't done it yet, need Ant to go to grocers :D it's right opposite his work, so i call him everyday witha list of what i want

I was gonna use fresh raw beetroot, i think it will go more chip like

just worried about the stains i think i will strip Jack before i feed him :D

davina said:
isnt raw beetroot poisonous
Absolutely not!! I eat it raw most days & juice it once a day too.... yummmmmmm BUT... you have to be careful.... it is highly concentrated & should be eaten raw in small quantities until your body accepts it.... make sense?

As far as my knowledge of food goes.... Beetroot is NOT suitable for young babies under age of 1.

Emilia xx

emilia said:
davina said:
isnt raw beetroot poisonous
Absolutely not!! I eat it raw most days & juice it once a day too.... yummmmmmm BUT... you have to be careful.... it is highly concentrated & should be eaten raw in small quantities until your body accepts it.... make sense?

As far as my knowledge of food goes.... Beetroot is NOT suitable for young babies under age of 1.

my neighbour gives us beetroot that he has grown but he told me that i need to boil it for 30 mins before eating it. but are you telling me that i dont need to do this hun.

Davina.... nobody in my house eats beetroot. DH will eat is now and again if roasted with other root veggies.
Personally, I grate it for myself or pop it in a juicer. It a healthy drink - if I can remember correctly, it's either a liver or kidney tonic. Not many people like it raw. I think it is personal choice.

I must admit - I LOVE cooked beetroot too! Remember, not many people are into the health aspect of things - beetroot is an ancient old veggie and has always been cooked.

Once you've cooked it Davina, push off the skin (you boil it with skin), slice it and this is how I love it........
Sliced on a ricecake with a decent slice of goats cheese!!! :D :D

www.riverford.co.uk/recipes/recipe_pdf_ ... 53&catid=5

Let me know if I can help!
Emilia xx

yum, i really love beetroot, dont know about the goats cheese though :?

Just made Jack this for his tea

Chiken, cauli and pasta in cheese and chive sauce

1 Chicken breast
few Cauli florets cut small
pasta bow (cos they are little :D )
Cheese sauce as on first page
table spoon of Chives(i used dry)

I roasted the chicken breats in oven til cooked (of course :roll: )
Boild the pasta and cauli together
and made cheese sauce whilst the pasta was cooking, i made the sace up with about 3/4 pint whole milk, so adapt as needed added the chives .
Chopped chicken in to small cubes then mixed all together

This made about 4 Jack portions

I am gonna do a variation of his for us as it tasted so nice and even Emily liked it :D

Well i was thinking for us to do whole chicken breast and pouring that sauce over and doing spring onion mash with it
and corn on the cob or something

Or doing pork loin and just making it like a culi and broccoli cheese sauce thing

:think:

Ok, i know what i am making tommorow for kids, just found this in one of my mags

Tuna and sweetcorn nuggets

5oz plain flour
1 medium egg
1/4 pint semi milk
salt and pepper ??
400g tin tuna drained
326g can sweetcorn drained
oil to fry

1) place the flour in a bowl,add the egg and one third of the milk.
season and whisk together.
Gradually whisk in the remaining milk to make a smooth batter, stir in tuna and sweetcorn.

2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add a dessert spoon of the mixture and cook for 2-3mins until golden and set. Turn and cook for a further 2-3mins

How easy will that be? and great finger food, think i will serve mine with broccoli and carot sticks
cookgr.gif

im getitng a menu book from work tomoz girlies so ill see if there is nething good in it

jo said:
Ok, i know what i am making tommorow for kids, just found this in one of my mags

Tuna and sweetcorn nuggets

5oz plain flour
1 medium egg
1/4 pint semi milk
salt and pepper ??
400g tin tuna drained
326g can sweetcorn drained
oil to fry

1) place the flour in a bowl,add the egg and one third of the milk.
season and whisk together.
Gradually whisk in the remaining milk to make a smooth batter, stir in tuna and sweetcorn.

2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add a dessert spoon of the mixture and cook for 2-3mins until golden and set. Turn and cook for a further 2-3mins

How easy will that be? and great finger food, think i will serve mine with broccoli and carot sticks
cookgr.gif

I want some of them! :lol:

Seren loved cod, brocolli and carrots in a cheese sauce. Just cooked the cod in some milk for 10 mins, cooked the veg and mashed them up roughly. Flaked the fish and added fish and veg to cheese sauce. Am so pleased she liked the fish. Bought some more cod today so am going to hunt for another fish recipe :D

Am just about to make some chicken stock and then tomorrow I am making some roast chicken dinners, cheesy chicken and veg, and cod something tomorrow :D

Made chicken wiyth tomatoes and rice. Cooked some chopped chicken, added potatoes and carrots, a tin of chopped tomatoes, chicken stock (150ml) and apple juice(60ml). Cooked until everything soft then a quick whiz in the blender. I then added some cooked rice, tastes lovely (quite sweet). I think next time though I will add more veg such as sweet potato and parsnip.

that one sounds delicious beanie. how did you make the chicken stock

I'm going shopping tomorrow to buy some stuff to make these recipes. I like the sound of all the tuna ones! Never make anything with tuna cos dh hates it so I forgot about it to be honest :lol: Now me and Aaron can eat it :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back