To call or not to call ** I went in**

They monitored me on the trace thing to check heartbeat the day before they sent me for an emergency scan when I was 30 weeks, baby had good heartbeat. It turns out though which I didn't know until I had Ethan that listening to the heartbeat doesn't necessarily tell you if something is wrong with baby. The thing they have to look for is variability in baby's heartbeat, if it stays steady at the same rate for a while then this can be a sign of a problem. I totally agree about the doppler thing, unless you know what to listen for it obviously only reassures that there is a heartbeat. They hospital sent me home thinking all was fine, it wasn't until I had the scan they noticed a problem. I have totally lost confidence in the testing they do during pregnancy, it is not enough - they have the technology but usually don't bloody use it until its too late! Sorry, rant over!!

I am sure all will be fine hunni, I am just going through my angry phase of the grieving process at the moment - just feel like there is so much more that could of been done!

:hugs: You're more than allowed to grieve the medical proffesionals fucked up big time, im soo sorry and if you do ever need to rant im more than happy to listen :hugs: xxxx

Ta lovely, just think you will get to see your little lady again tomorrow xxx

Good luck tomorrow hun, im sure all will be fine, let us know how it goes!

Good luck today hun, so glad they got you a scan so soon! I always wonder how 'emergency' a scan can be when they leave it a couple of days to get an appointment sorted :S
As for saying the baby's too small just by looking at you, I nearly shouted 'bollocks' at my computer lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back