to anyone who's had their 2nd scan and knows the sex.

hayley

Reaction score
I've got a question to everyone who's had their 2nd scan and has asked the sex of their babies... :wave:

if your having a girl did you BD before ovulation?
if your having a biy did you BD during ovulation?

i'm only asking because i'm reading a book at the mo on how to choose the sex of yoru baby. It says if you BD upto 3 days before ovulation your more likely to conceive a baby girl as the boy sperms don't live as long as the girls, but the girls swim much slower so by the time your ovulating the slow girls will be in the right place at the right time...

I have a little boy and when i think back we BD the day and the day after ovulation so it makes sense! fingers crossed next time we can plan for a little girl... would be interesting to know if this works..

thanks for your replies

I have heard that about timing sex but not sure how accurate it is. Unfortunately i can't help youu out either as i don't now what we are having but if you ask again in about 12 weeks time i might be able to help as I was charting and still have access to my chart.

Mines a girl but we wearn't trying and we're BDing constantly thorughout so not sure what that would say lol.

With Nathan it was during ovulation, or just after.
This one was during ovulation aswell :)

so it's true for you rachel.. i'm gonna start monitoring ovulation from July.. then try in Dec.(after my hols) That way i should be able to pin point ovulation... i'm also gonna test to see if i'm acidic or alkali... aparently boy sperms and girl sperms like one or the other! but not up to that chapter in my book yet! it's dead interesting... fingers crossed it works and i'll be posting "i'm having a girl"

H x

Girl sperm is supposed to live longer than male sperm, so if you BD a few days before OV, theoretically the boy sperms are nearly all gone so the chance of a girl rises. However, I still believe its a 50/50 chance, though my best friend swears its how she got her girl after 3male pregnancies :lol:

You could also look at the charts on Fertility Friend, you can search for those pregnant with either a girl/boy.

We BD'd on the monday and I ovulated on the thursday and I'm having a baby girl :)

mmm, we bd everyday and sometimes a couple of times a day so i wudnt know lol..

hello

we did the deed at the same time as i ovulated, and we are having a little girl, so i don't know how accurate it is to predict how the sperm will behave....

Hope you get the little girl you are wanting!

It doesnt work Im afraid! Im testamet to that, and know many many others too that it failed for.:(

With DS1 we BD the day of OV and DS2 we BD the day before Ov. (I was charting so knew when I ov) and we only DTD one day each time.

With DS3, We TTC a Girl. I Charted matriculously for 9 months so I didnt get it wrong. We DTD 3 days before Ovulation, Lowered DH Sperm count, watched our Diets, everything. And WHAM Its DS3 for us :(

I was gutted when I found out, as we only wanted 3 children. BUT DH has said we can as many children as it takes until I get my 1 Daughter I desire. But to be honest, Im grateful for 3 little boys, and Im not sure i'll go for #4.

Dont get your hopes up too high. X

thanks for your replies.. DH has 3 sons to his first wife (they also lost a boy) we have a son together! can a man only have male sperms? we said we'd only have the one child even thou secretly i wanted 2... i love jacob to bits and wouldn't be too bothered if i had another boy but if i could choose i would say a girl every time... i've managed to talk DH into having another! told him he has one last chance at getting a little princess... does anyone know anything else i can do to help predict the sex? Inkpen do you mind if i PM you? i'd love to know more about what you did when trying for a gilr.. i know there a certain foods they say eat etc but no idea what they are!

h x

hayley: feel free to pm me :D I've pm'd you already earlier.. :wink:
I'm away later not back until next week, so dont worry If you dont hear from me. Im not ignoring you!

We had sex 3 days before ovulation and we're having a girl :cheer:

Going by this method we should be expecting a boy! I only bedded on the day of ov as dh was away on a stag for a few days before. We shall see. I already have a girl and i'm not sure if she was conceived before ovulation. My mum had 4 girls and then my brother, so I think if you keep going you will eventually get the sex you want! I'm sure Robbie Fowler (footballer) and his wife wrote a book about how they conceived their boy after 3 girls?! Good luck xxx

We BD everyday twice a day when i got closer to OV and I am having a boy

Not sure if it works for everyone but it certainly did for us!! We followed exactly this method, wanting a boy the first time so we BD right around ovulation and hey presto...a boy. This time I was desperate for a girl, knowing this would be my last baby, so we BD several days before ovulation, starting about a week before I expected to ovulate and up to about 3 days before then stopped. It was a bit of guess work though to be fair as I'd only just miscarried the previous month so we weren't sure if I'd ovulate when we expected. But I guess it worked cos we had our gender scan today and it's a girl! Can't tell you how happy I am! We also followed the chinese lunar calendar as well, we weren't relying on it but used it as a rough guide in which months to expect the best results, and that also came up good for us. I know it's not accurate for everyone but all the people I know well and family have checked their kids against it and it's pretty spot on for the majority of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back