To all who read my other thread, can I just update you...

Jade89

Reaction score
with Aaliyah's food diary for today...

*Drumroll please*

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with milk and fresh blueberries & Diluted pure fruit juice.

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Tuna, Mayo & Cucumber bap (Tiny bit of mayonnaise to make the tuna less dry) Oh with unsalted lurpack spreadable. Diluted pure fruit juice.

Snack: Box of organix raisins

I made her a fruit smoothie out of a Rachel's kitchen mango yogurt, splash of milk, banana and strawberry...(She cleverly thought it was a yummy milkshake) :cheer:

Tea: Home made cottage pie made with hidden swede and carrot, broccoli & Cauliflower with a little gravy. Diluted pure fruit juice.

Dessert: Fruit Kebabs...Grape, banana, strawberry, pineapple & orange on cocktail sticks (I watched her closely and she was sensible :D )

Even after using all of that fruit, I still have loads left too!

Now she's lifting up her disney princess table where she eats her meals....way above her head....!!!energy!!! :shock:

Can I just say it's not at all skinted me, inconvenienced me and she absoloutly loved it!!!

(The cottage pie was yummy and the bit I was ment to freeze I ended up eating because it was so so nice) :oops:

I think I just need to get more milk into her diet somehow, but she wont touch milk on it's own. Looking back though today's is 100 times better than the other days. Thank you so much girls...i'm gonna cry with emotion :lol:

Congratulations, I just read your other thread and it sounds like you're doing brilliantly.

I plan all my meals for the week and cook everything from scratch so if you need any meal ideas, recipes or you're not sure on how to do something then I am more than happy to help :D

Aw Jade - definite drum roll! That's fantastic! I'm so so glad you are enjoying it and all enjoying eating all that yummy food!

I could cry for you, I'm so happy!

Valentine Xxx

Emm....... can I come and live at your house? That sounds like amazing food!!! :D
I love your enthusiasm too!
Well done :cheer:

That is great!! YAY to you hunnie!!
Can I say also that Calcium helps you metabolise fat so extra milk will be a bonus !! :D Or Mullerlights!! (can you tell Im doing slimming world haha)

Hi Jade

I think that (as well being proud of your food) you should be very proud of your attitude. It's not easy to take on advice about your own child - it would have been far easier to be defensive about it but you haven't been. I'm glad you're feeling better x

That's so good! And I'm with you on the cottage pie...James's daddy was very upset because he ate all his risotto tonight and he wanted some of it! Like the whole smoothie / milkshake idea too, think I'll try that one!

Yay! :cheer: I have just read your other thread and you are so positive, if that was me, I would have sworn a lot about the HV and been very defensive!! :rotfl: Well done, that looks great, one thing that you could also do, is not bother with butter in 'wet' sandwiches i.e. if you have tuna mayo, don't bother with the butter as the tuna makes the bread moist anyway.

Very true magic monkey...I don't know why I diddn't think of that tbh lol as I did a little slimming world after having Aaliyah and I never put butter on my toast if I was having beans on top...I think I just wanted to see how spreadable the lurpack spreadable was :lol: silly me!

I bought a blender from asda, the smartprice one and it blended the smoothie lovely...I used to have a hand blender when Aaliyah was younger but I lent it to someone and now I don't know who lol!

Thank you but my attutude was not this good the other day when I got told, I cried for ages and ages and was in a horrible foul mood for a few days! I have realised though only me and OH can do something about it.

Mullerlights were a god send on slimming world :lol: she does have one of them every now and again if she goes nana and grandads house, she prefers grandads yogurts to her own!

Kalia - If I had the room i'd have everyone at mine hehe! :lol:

Your gonna make me cry again valentine :cry: lol! But yes, the food is so yummy! I said to OH earlier...'This cottage pie is bloody lovely and without all the crap, so you can imagine what goes into ready made things'. When we make a spag bol or chilli though there is always loads left and it gets wasted. Now I know what's going into it, i'm gonna use plastic containers to freeze leftovers...now hows that for convienient and healthy lol, also OH could take it from the freezer the night before work and warm it up at work instead of taking boring sandwiches all the time! :cheer: Thank you again, I looked at that site too and got loads of recipes! :hug:

Charlie - Thanx, i'll always be looking for new recipes now! :hug:

How long do homemade meals store in the freezer for by the way, can anyone tell me please? :)

(Because i'm eating this food too...watch this baby come out at a healthy 7lbs or something instead of 11 or more :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back