to all the ladies on mat leave or who are about to leave

winnie89

Reaction score
i've been on maternity for a week and a half and i'm completely and utterly BORED!!!!

i planned to do loads of things (like wash all his clothes- which i did do in about 2 days, sort his room out- did it in a day, read all the books i have got stocked, doing my baking, and loads of knitting)

but i just cant seem to be arsed most of the day i vegetate in front of the tele and spend a good few hours on the p.c on here or on face book

is any one else bored?

what did every one else plan to do????

Last edited:
This is why I'm not starting mat leave til my due date!
I remember the boredom zzzzz x

i was told i had to finish two weeks early because of holiday (if i dont take it before my mat leave then i loose it and it's worth about £450 :S) but i'm glad i;m not at work any more because i ache so much and i doubt i'd be able to reach the glasses! lol

I've took 5 days annual leave, thats all I'm taking this year. I'll take the rest from my due date before my mat leave starts xx

i get bored tooo easily therefore im not leaving work until 2 weeks before due date starting with annual leave and mat leave starts the week bubba is due x

I've been cooking, something which I've missed as I've been sick most of my pregnancy, I've also caught up with family I've not seen for a while, also planning a manicure, pedicure etc on different days to spread it out, also got some books I've been wanting to read but tbh all I want to do is vegetate and sleep :)

Sleep chicky. Sleep and try to enjoy sleep! Lol. I used to hate it when people said that, because you get used to no sleep when preg as it's so uncomfortable and you need to pee half the night! But do sleep/rest if you can :)

Ooh and get your hair done lol.

xx

I left work at 33+3 and little missy was born at 40+6, so this was a hell of a long time on mat leave for me!

I filled my time by...
Sorting the nursery, washing bub's clothes, batch cooking meals for the freezer, baking, cooking lovely dinners for DH, reading, sleeping, listening to my hypnobirthing CDs, visiting people, watching Mad Men, bouncing on the fit ball, going out for breakfast, reading my book in a coffee shop and watching the world go by, daydreaming about my bub, planned a babymoon...went on a babymoon, kept on top of the cleaning, walked along the river, soaked in the bath, gave myself manicures/pedicures, went for a couple of massages, drank bucket loads of RLT...
and I think that was just about it! :lol:
At first I regretted leaving as early as I did, but I soon got into the swing of things. I learned to just slow right down and do just one or two active things a day. I loved being able to listen to my CDs or lying on the sofa whilst reading. I feel happy that I made the most of my time as it's pretty crazy once baby arrives. Obviously the final 6 days dragged as nobody likes going overdue, but it was a lovely time for me all the same.

Someone once said to me that this pregnancy (my first) is known as the 'princess pregnancy' as you can do as you please. Next time around I'll have Annie to think about.

I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things - only allow yourself 30-45 mins to check facebook, emails, this forum etc! Ha ha!

Enjoy it! :)

I'm not planning to go on Mat leave until 2 weeks before, simply because i know how bored i will be. Have a friend whos been on bed rest since 22 weeks! & still got 3 weeks to go. she's losing her mind at home

I started mat leave at 38weeks spent the first week tidying and washing and ironing clothes and walking everywhere! I gave birth at 39+1 lol and my days all blur into one now. Its manic lol but lovely and precious too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back