TMI....pooping....

Squiglet

Reaction score
I've had diarrhoea for a couple of weeks and I'm getting pretty hacked off having to dash to the loo every five minutes with several near misses.

Now I have Crohn's Disease clicky

and its not unusual to have diarrhoea like this but during pregnancy Crohns usually gets better and well I don't feel "ill" in a Crohn's sorta way (had a few Crohn's episodes so know what it's like)...

Like today I have been 8 times already (I swear you must run out of poop at some time :roll:)... I don't get the debilitating stomach cramps just the diarrhoea... :think:

I've heard that it can be a prelude to labour, but I just don't remember what my toilet habits were like 8 years ago... All the pregnant women I speak to complain about piles, and constipation.. .I just wanted to know if I was the only one having this issue... :think: or if anyone had something similar just before they popped...

I don't want to pop .. baby's not cooked properly yet :( and I've done all my xmas shopping, so it won't be getting a pressie...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i've been having diarrhoea too - same as you, no cramps or tummy upsets, just the runs. and i haven't had any constipation or piles (so far - touch wood!) i've had it all the way through, on and off...

not v pleasant to say the least. particularly when OH is waiting to use the bathroom after me...! :oops:

hang on! wheres my violin...

no im just kidding squiggy...its not coz u bn haivng cereal for breaky is it?

This is the one thing about my pregnancies i CAN remember :rotfl:

the 24 hour period before my labour started i had to run to the toilet constantly, its your bodies way of emptying out to make sure you don't mess on the table :rotfl: :rotfl:

You'd better stop eating now you pig :lol:

Poor you. My friend has very severe chrons and although it seemed to subside a little whilst pregnant, she has suffered so badly since so I can really sympathise with you.

:(

I roughly know how you feel babes. I suffer from diarrhoea predominant IBS. :(

Since becoming pregnant, it's got a bit better and I am not on any medication for it at present. :D

It can be normal during pregnancy to get the runs, although most women suffer from constipation like you said. I have had a few episodes of the runs that has lasted for a couple of weeks at a time.

Try not to worry but if you are loosing weight or becoming dehydrated then seek advice. I hope you feel better soon.

Hello!

I have crohns disease too.

This year I have spent a total of 10 weeks in hospital with it. And most of the year rattling around on so many drugs including morphine.

However, since falling pregnant I have come off all my medication and have been better than I have been in years!!!

I have the odd time with tummy pains and diahoerria and know its not my Crohns as you say, you certainly know when its a flare and when its not!!

I do hope you feel better soon xx if your at all worried then arrange to see your consultant or GP mine have been fabulous before and during this pregnancy and they know me and my condition so well now that i wouldnt hesitate in contacting them if I was worried.

Gentle Cuddles xxx :hug:

I go from one extreme to the other at the moment :oops:

Sounds nasty for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27