TMI, but constipation misery :((

SophD

Reaction score
Hi all, im 9 weeks pregnant, and am suffering with my bowels. I was only going once a week before pregnancy, which has always been normal for me. But its been 12 days since a normal bowel movement now!! Ive tried Senna, Lactulose, nothing is working! Has anyone got any tips to get things moving? Many thanks

I suffered in 1st trimester and now I'm 19 weeks it's back again, I usually drink 4l a day & was having a lot of bran which helped at first but doesn't anymore! Last few days I've found prune juice & it's been like a miracle cure along with apples & raisins X

Poor you, it's horrible being that backed up. I've been much better since I switched prenatal vitamins away from pregnacare. I also am well stocked with fruit and forcing myself to drink plenty of water and fruit juices to try to keep things a bit more regular.

There are loads of different types of laxatives and your GP may be able to switch you onto a better one. Lactulose is one that you may need to take for a few days before it takes effect.

Let us know how you get on X

Last edited:
I had that bad in the first trimester. I drank lots of water, prune juice and apple juice. Apple juice always gave me the runs before pregnancy, I so drank a lot of that with prune juice and finally I had relief.

I had a terrible time first tri! I def recommend as above prune juice, fruit (esp fruit smoothies) loooads of water like 3-4 litres you def need more in pregnancy and i would recommend walking as well. Be careful with bran as too much can actually cause constipation (this happened to me!) I had to get lactulose which was a god send for me but maybe ask about isphagula husk its great for pregnancy for bulking up if lactulose isnt work ing as tgey all work differently.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back