tips and advice please

Topsy

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I'm new to all this but would really like some tips and advice.

I have been TTC for almost two years, To be honest we hadnt been trying anything i just came off the pill and stupidly believed it would just happen. After a year of trying i went to see my doctor,he done a few tests and i was told my progesterone level was 4 which is low. This meant nothing to me so i asked him to explain and he just told me he would refer me to a fertility clinic and they would tell me everything i needed to know. After waiting a few months i got an appointment and was seen. Again i was told nothing just seen by the nurse and asked about my history when i asked again about progesterone was told she was only there to take my details and i she gave me another appointment for three months time.

I put everything to the back of my mind assumed i couldnt fall naturally and enjoyed a relaxed christmas with my family. On the 25th of the month i found out i was pregnant ( I just knew and took a test) sadly i miscarried less than a week later i was 5 weeks., Anyway now the fertility clinic have told me they wont see me :(. So i have done a bit of my own research and realised my luteal phase is only 10days which i believe is low and may be the reason i miscarried. Ive looked in to taking B6 or vitex has anyone else tried these or anyone got any advice on what i could be doing to help when TTC?

I'm so sorry to hear this hun. :hugs:

Could you try seeing another doctor? Or find a different fertility clinic? My local hospital has all the consultants P.A.'s email addresses listed so I can just e-mail them - maybe have a look and see if you can contact someone and request that they have another look.

Can't believe you've been brushed off hun, especially with the length of time you've been TTC.

Or perhaps go private?

x x

Sorry i cant help but didnt want to read and run. Sorry to hear about your loss hun!

Yes iv heard that B6 can help to increase L phase but speak to someone in the shop if you are going to buy them as they need to be taken with other B vits to help the B6 to work (something like that) Soz not much help but i also think you need to see someone else as thats not fair to brush you off like that! x

I would say though, don't self medicate til you know for certain that the issue is your luteal phase. x

My doctor is no help at all and I am devastated that the fertility clinic are refusing to give me any more appointment, I was due to have my second appointment with them next week :(. I am just going to continue taking folic acid and bd every other day and hope for the best. IF I still haven't got bfp in the next 6 months will go private.

Thanks for the advice girls xx

I would try charting your temperature and cervical mucus for a month along with using Opks just to check you are ovulating and your cycle is as you think it is

Sorry I have no advice! It's a shame they won't still see you, Good Luck and i wish u a 2012 bundle of joy! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back