timecale show to labour?

shesmurf

Reaction score
Quick Q. I just wondered if anyone knew what the maximum timescale is between 'show' and labour? I've read a couple of things that said two weeks...
I know it can come in dribs and drabs but once it starts surely that's the sign your cervix has started to losen up? I'm only 34weeks but I've had at least part of it today and the midwife told meon thursday that bump had 'dropped'. Dropped and engaged are not the same thing though are they? :think:

I dont know about max timescale between show and labour...... as this is my first. From what I've heard some people might not even have a show at all.

As for dropping and engaging... I think if your bump has dropped then baby is definately heading the right way...down and out! But as I found out on friday it doesnt mean to say they have started to engage. My bump has definately dropped and I'm feeing more pressure down below and the odd twinge etc but got told that baby's head was still free :(

I'm now uber confused. had bit of a scare the other day and was sent to triage, now reading through my notes MW said head was 4/5 palpable (which = engaged according to the student MW site I've been looking at)
However, the day before this regular MW said bump had turned but was not engaged... :think: unless it moved down overnight

I'm not sure if 4/5ths palpable (= 1/5th engaged) is classed as "engaged" I think its still on the brim of the pelvis...Its possible that the head could have moved down a wee bit overnight though, or the regular midwife got it wrong?

I had a show on my due date (14th April) Baillie was born on the 25th.

Kim x x x x

I had a show last thursday and was given steroids and kept in hospital over night.

My bump also dropped, however so far... nothing xx

I know I'm only 34+2 but have distinct feeling little one is about ready for some reason. I'd be happier for bambino to come earlier as I've really not been feeling well last two weeks, just not right at all, and I'm beginning to think it would be safer out than in. :(
My bp has shot up between friday and today which has always been fine throughout pregnancy, got what feels like a stich down my ribs when I'm walking anywhere,my head feels like there is so much pressure on it when I lay down and a pile of other stuff like light-headedness, clammy skin etc. Thoughts of pre eclampsia are starting to niggle my brain, though the doc is sending me for an ECG :? I'm not medically trained but I'd have thought Doc would want a urine sample and maybe blood not an ECG, I must be missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back