Time to fess up girls

Thank you :lol: That's the problem with having loads of ebay tests lying around...too tempting to use them even when you don't really need to! And I'd have days where the lines wouldn't get darker so I'd have to take another the next day just to make sure! x

I'm sure I'll be exactly the same. I wonder if only get darker every-other day cos your hormones double every other day? Over analysing (much) Lol x

I did 7 before I was satisfied lol! 3 of which were digis as the first digi ran out of time to show my hubby the pregnant words! Then he wanted me to do one of the ones that say how many weeks I was! Cost a small fortune! I panicked around 7 weeks that I wasn't pregnant so did another but this ended up worrying me as the line had got fainter so I decided I def wouldn't do any more!

They should gradually get darker because levels gradually increase even though they should have doubled 48-72 hours later - should still be half as dark again after a day, in theory... but just having drunk a tiny bit more can dilute it quite a lot so you'll see no difference - or the test sensitivity might be very slightly different, so we're not really meant to compare lines. It's just so hard not to :lol:

:rofl: I know! I found it nicer to look at the (not that i'm trying to encourage you to test for the rest of your pregnancy btw :rofl:) difference in lines when they were all stuck together after a week, rather than two days.

I have them stacking up already :rofl: however, they can't get much darker than it is today, it's the same as the control line at 4 weeks :shock: maybe I've got two in there :oooo: Alice thinks so :rofl:

I read not to compare the colour of lines as some have different amounts of dye and can also depend how diluted your wee is, it really worried me when it went fainter that I was going to mc. I might do the one I still have left though right near the end, just to see!

well wasn't there a girl on here that posted to say she was 18 weeks and getting bfn's? Was she genuine? x

oohh Im joining this club! Have so many ebay hpts and opks lying around that In doing a test on one or both every couple of days!

Hell yeah!! The only reason I've finally stopped now is because I've given them away - I had loads and thought it was just a huge waste me weeing on them every fews days when I thought someone else could make better use of them!! LOL. I must have done about 20/30 cheapies though (and OPK's)!!

i think i waited so long for a bfp - actually seeing those two lines was the best thing ever.......and i stil love it!!! i've kept all the tests i done in the first week as well :blush:

xxx

I only did two tests. Did a digitial in the morning that gave me the shock of saying pregnant... then did a cheap two line on later in the day because I thought I had dreamt the first... Haven't done another since...

As my symptoms have been so evident that I am pregnant I left it at that. although I did take a photo of the first one that I look at every now and then... :)

Hey ladies,

thought i would let you know that i was a POAS addict last time, lines go t darker till 6 weeks then i stopped doing them, then at 8 weeks had a bit of brown spotting so i did one and line was SUPER light, i was like AHHHHH but i read online about the "hook effect" when your hormones get too high so lines start to get lighter, so i did the experiment of getting 2 cheapies, tesing with your wee (line was light) so then you dilute your wee with lots of water and tried a cheapie, line was SUPER dark.

Moral of the story STOP TESTING after 6 weeks :) i had blood drawn a few days after i did this experiment and my levels were over 100,000, but of course that was twins, and one was still growing so levels still raising slowly.

next time i wont test after 5 weeks :)

I'm ok hun. getting back to normal slowly, we miss you too, but glad you are here instead of TTC :) :)

Hopefully it wont be too long til you move back in here hun :hug: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back