• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time for Me to Move On

eobrien133

Reaction score
I know I havent been on much lately but been going through a lot, was at hospital yesterday and they have told me there is no more they can do to help TTC. Been on Clomid for almost a year which isnt working and due to my age (now 40) cant offer me IVF unless I pay for it myself.

Dont have the money to do this so will just have to accept not going to happen. Totally devastated but have to get on with my life. At least I have the support of friends, family and of course my OH.

I wish you all the best of luck and lots of :dust: to you all.

Eileen xxxx

Oh eileen , im so sorry . A year on Clomid is a long long time! . I wish you all the luck in the world with whichever path life takes you on x x x

I'm really sorry that it's come to this for you :hug:

I'd be tempted to contact your PCT and complain officially. They shouldn't have kept you on clomid for a year knowing that the time for you to be funded was ticking away.

Normally people can queue jump if they are reaching the age limit - you should already have been referred ages ago.

I hope you manage to except your life without children. There is so much the world has to offer :)

:hugs: sorry to hear that :hugs: xxx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

Louise, I was over the age limit when I started treatment was 39 so wouldnt have mattered but do feel as if I been through all this for nothing, it was a senior doctor i saw yesterday and he commented about the length of time too, at least he was honest and said would be no point continuing with clomid as not working. The frustrating thing it they cant find anything wrong as such with my ovaries and even had a scan yesterday and couldnt see anything wrong. Just problems ovulating.

Will be hard to accept but life goes on as they say :)

Im really sorry! Good Luck ! Xxx

sending you love and luck for the future, whatever it holds for you, im so sorry that today you are feeling like this I hope that brighter days are right around the corner xxx

Hi I'm sorry to hear this, such a difficult thing to come to terms with. Book yourself a lovely big holiday and spoil yourselves rotten for Christmas! Take care xxxxxxx

Sorry to hear your news. Wishing you all the best.xx

Hi Hunni. Sorry to hear this :( have you ever consided adoption. There's lots of young & newborn babies/children waiting for a loving mummy like you to care for them. I am giving myself till march & then if not pg i am going to adopt without a doubt.

xx

so sorry to read this. find something completely different to throw yourself into . xxx

Hi Eileen I really feel for you - it must be a horrible situation to be in when your chances of having a baby are dashed due to financial reasons.

Is there not anyway you can generate the money even for just one round of IVF? Chlomid doesn't offer the same success rates for older ladies as IVF does?

I would really hate you to be in a position of regret on afew years time? And wondering what ifs?

Of course am unsure your financial situation and you probably have looked into all possibilities - but there are some clinics who do eggs sharing with ladies in there 40s with good quality eggswhich would cut the cost?

I am so sorry sweetie, take care of yourself xxx

So sorry you can't be referred Hun! :hugs:

I know some clinics do IVF at less than half the price if you donate eggs, have a google..

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back