TIGHT tummy

moss

Reaction score
I know about Braxton Hicks, but I don't think this is it. For the past few days my tummy has been incredibly tight all over, to the point that it is impeding my breathing. I feel like I have an iron ball attached to my front. I can't bend at all! It isn't going away, and previously it was a lot easier to push in to try to feel around for the baby.

I have heard of polyhydraminos coming on very suddenly and I'm starting to get a bit paranoid, but at the same time, I know it could be anything. Does everyone experience this discomfort at some point or another? Could it just be the baby in an awkward position? I can still feel a lot of movement...

I get this sometimes, most of the time it's BH but sometimes it is because the baby is lying with it's bum in a really awkward position and therefore stopping me being able to move at all. Does your whole belly feel hard, if so that would suggest it's muscuar and some sort of continous BH. I find if it isn't a BH the bottom of my belly is still squidy wheraas my whole belly is hard when it is a BH.

Sorry, I rambled a bit there but if you think it is a continous BH maybe give the MW a call. I've got a funny positioned baby today too which is causing a load of dicomfort :roll:

Alex xxx

I can have a tight tummy for a couple of days & then it will go back to feeling squidgy... i just put it down to a mix of Bh & babys position (if its hiding or not). If youre really worried, give your midwife or dr's a ring, im sure they will put your mind at rest.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back