Tight chest?

Kirsty.Y.84

Reaction score
Hi

So I have been getting what I think are Braxton Hicks for a couple of weeks now. But they feel really weird, as they start off with a tight feeling low down in my chest, and then I realise that my tummy is really hard, which is when i realise that the tightening must be BH. Does anyone know if it is normal to feel it in your chest? It really takes my breath away!

Thanks xx

I'm not sure hun as I don't get many bh, maybe baby is high up? X

I get this too :)

I think it's because baby is still quite high :) At the NCT class sthe lady showed us some pictures of where our organs are at the moment and my OH winced and said ouch, i just scoffed and said yeah now do you get it??

Try taking some long deep breaths in through your nose out through your mouth when it happens I find that helps :)

xxx

O Bella our classes were pants, wish we had pictures shown like that so oh can see!! Lol

I agree, i'd love to show my oh what's going on with my internal organs so he can see how hard all this is!!

I get the tight chest feeling quite a lot. My midwife said it's most probably because everything is squashed up, but she said it could be due to iron levels being low (It wasn't!). Maybe have a word with your midwife about it?

Thanks guys. Baby does feel quite high at the moment. My iron levels are a fraction on the low side, but not enough for the mw to be concerned. I will mention it to her as I have my 34 week appointment on Wednesday.

I get that too hun, have one since quite early on, i did speak to the mw about it and she didnt seem worried xx

I have had tightness in the chest for a while but it's only recently that I've linked the chest tightness to when my bump tightens too, so I figured it was to do with the braxton hicks. Thanks :) xx

Thats what i've put it down to too as my whole abdomen seems tight when it happens! The mw said it doesnt sound like anything too sinister when i mentioned it to her so that made me feel better, even more so now i know i'm not the only one :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back