Thumb suckers!!

Well ofc you are not going to cut the thumb out of the baby....
What I meant is that if I can avoid it I will by using mittens, swaddling, a pacifier... it's a habit and I consider it a bad one (personal opinion) so perseverance and we will see where that will lead....
I got 4 different types of pacifiers though I don't like the idea of them too much.
In case of thumb sucking though I hope one of those will work...

You may not even need them. We swaddled Aoibheann and she settled without any type of pacifier once she was full. I'd imagine it depends on the individual baby x

My brother sucked his thumb all the time til he was 7 and his jaw and teeth are fine. I think it's luck of the draw. I'm not too bothered at the moment as she only sucks when she is tired or hungry, so if I feed her it stops, and as soon as she falls asleep it falls out, so it isn't like she's permanently attached! We couldn't swaddle her either, she screamed blue murder everytime we tried. I sort of understand this though as I had three scans while pregnant and on all of them her hands were covering her face, and that's where she likes them now.

awww, look at albert, so cute

Harry tries to get his dummy, freddie and his thumb all in at the one time. x

Joseph sucked his thumb in the womb, we saw on the 4d scan and he wouldnt have a dummy, he still sucks his thumb now at 17months but i'm not worried, i sucked my thumb but it never had any effect on my teeth and it didnt carry on into early childhood. I really dont see it as a major problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back