Those of us who could give birth over the xmas period..

No idea yet! We said we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I'd love to have Grace a week or two before Christmas and then spend our first Christmas together at home. OH's mum has also welcomed us to go to her house for Christmas dinner, she only lives 5 minutes away! We'll definitely see both our parents on Christmas day, without a doubt! Unless of course we have horrid snow (my parents live 30 minutes away). I'd like to cook Christmas dinner at home for us, but if Grace comes late and I'm still recovering, I think we'll opt for mother in laws dinner. Hurry up Grace, I want you here for Christmas! :oooo: xxx

Absolutely nothing. Im a scrooge and dont like xmas and as OH is either on days or nights we dont bother with xmas dinner and as he is on nights this year so will sleep all day ( he has to work every xmas this year included, he is allowed time off to be with me while Im actually having her but then has to go back to work ) to me its just another day of being in the house on my own, the animals dont know its xmas so still expect their routine to be the same.

My mother has her parents to stay over xmas and does a fancy xmas for them while working ( she works with my OH just on opposite shifts ) so as she is busy with them we aren't invited.

If I go overdue (DD 22/12) I've got a sweep booked for 23rd Dec so won't suprise me if I'm in labour on Christmas Day! When I've been working Christmas day in the past my hubby's cooked a turkey crown and we've had turkey sandwiches! Think we may plan for the same this year then not too much gets wasted if I am in labour/hospital. It's giving us a great excuse to just do as we please... if we feel like a trip to see the family/in laws we can and if we don't then we can stay at home and blame my pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back