Thomas Cook Reps - face trial over 2 kids deaths

I think because other countries have different health and safety laws to our country then the tour operators and reps become responsible for ensuring the appartments and hotels are up to 'reasonable' standards. If the court can show that the reps hadn't carried out proper checks and conducted a comprehensive risk assessment then I think they should be charged along with the hotel owner if negligence is a factor.

but a rep wouldnt be responsible for checking the maintence side of things like a CO detector.

In some cases reps aren't just situated at the one hotel they are at a different hotel every week... if the family had gone to them with problems with their room and they hadnt fixed it then yes, but when nothing had been reported - I think it is the maintance people of the hotel that should be getting questioned.

your on one today arnt you sarah, inspector H. They should fooking clean the place dirty fecks :wall:

Littlelady87 said:
your on one today arnt you sarah, inspector H. They should fooking clean the place dirty fecks :wall:

Yeah I am up on my soapbox today - but todays news has just annoyed me the whole way through!

Yeah you are right. We need a holiday rep to come and put us straight :) I don't know the procedures, I was just making a guess :think: I do know though if it were my kids I would hold every fecker responsible :x

i dont think it means the holiday reps but it means to representatives of the thomas cook travel agents. thats how i took it anyway not sure, will re read.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back