Thinking of others at this time of year

It breaks my heart to to think of little kids in orphanages :cry: You're going to make some children very happy hun :hug:

That sounds like a fab idea, I haven't seen any but I will make a point of looking out for them..

Ok, I have ornaments for:

Mary, aged 9
Matthew, aged 4
Mia, aged 18 months
Taylor, aged 3

So three girls and a boy.

I'm not sure what to get for a 9 year old girl? Anyone got any ideas?

Hannah Montana is popular. Or have you been told to steer away from branded stuff? Emily loved make your own jewellery kits at that age.

Nope, there is no directions given other than where to drop the present.

Is High School Musical too young?

Going to head to Toys R Us tomorrow I think.

9 year olds will love anything hsm and littlest pet shop or polly pocket :)

Thanks girls, will update tomorrow :)

In our local Asda, there is a shopping trolley at the end of the checkouts to leave a present in for the children in our area who won't be having much of a Christmas this year.. Left a few bits and bobs in there, I so feel awful though when I think of what I will have on Christmas day.. Not present wise.. Just the whole family together, laughs etc..

Yeah thats how I feel too FebMum :(

Well I got the following:

18 months: Aqua draw & fairy tales book
3 years: Fairy princess dress, crown, jewels and wand
4 years: fire truck set with two cars
9 years: Hannah Montana design your own journal and a book

Dropped them off, so hopefully they will like them :)

Awww hun those are lovely presents :hug:

They are lovely gifts, I'm sure the child who gets them will be over the moon.. I would love to work with children in those situations.. But I wouldn't be able to leave work at work.. I would bring it all home with me

is it too late to ask you to get an ornament for me hun?

They are a brilliant idea, we don't have anything like that here I don't think :( I have been looking for something.

I also like the idea of the forum doing something with toys or a collection for this kind of thing next christmas and would be happy to contribute :) xx

haven't seen the giving trees but there is a trolley in our local asda that you can put a pressie in i think it said it was organised by a radio station, we left 2 we have also done operation Xmas child

aw that is so lovely, im so tearful atm its ridiculous and this post almost made me cry lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back