• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Think this is it for me

Candygirl

Reaction score
been having contractions at 10 mins apart since 1.30am
They are now about 5 mins apart
Heading off to the hospital soon
Wish me luck
:wave:

Im only 1 cm and they sent me home :cry:
Contractions are still coming thick and fast but I have to wait here until I cant cope anymore....
Anybody got any tips for the pain??

Oooh Candygirl, I'm so excited for you. Pain relief tips? Ummm, I'm afraid I don't know. Hope you are not too uncomfortable :hug:

Can't give u any tips babe, as never done it before (was hoping u could give us some!! :wink: ) but sending u a shed load of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :cheer:

Hope you're ok, it is quite exciting!! :cheer:
I have never given birth so I can't say anything with any authority.
Apparently tensing up through a contraction makes it worse so try to breath out or sigh out really slowly through it to relax your muscles.

Good luck honey :hug:

Woohoo baby on its way :dance:

Do you have a tens machine you can use and have you taken paracetamol, not sure whether it will do much good but I remember someone managing on just paracetamol not so long back (could have been babyliscous but dont quote me on that)

aww hun :hug: :hug:

Natural mamma said:
Keeping your hands relaxed

(allows you to open as your going with the pain not against it) a good analogy for this imagine having an injection in your bum if you tense it hurts ten times more and you bruise...and what are you hands doing???? gripping really tight.....if you relax just your hands your whole body relaxes. Easy to remember too

Breathe

Sway those hips

Go into yourself ....no distractions

:D :) 8) :wink: :angel: :moon:

monster_munch said:
* Blowing the contraction out through my mouth. Sounds stupid, but during the contraction I would breathe in through my nose and then blow out through my mouth (slowly though). It worked for me, as I had to concentrate to get it at the right speed (DH was great at letting me know if I was breathing too fast etc) plus it made my top lip go numb which felt hilarious in between contractions!

Babylicious said:
Leaning against something every time I got a contraction. Having a warm bath and staying calm

I found these tips from another post hunni xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back