Think I've pulled something

Hazel

Reaction score
I've had an achy back for a couple of days which I put down to the fact that I now have a cold. I sneezed last night and got a shooting pain in my side and it still aches. It feels like an ache in my hip that goes round to my back and is painful to walk. I've got cysts on my ovaries (which is why I'm huge already) so maybe one of them has popped or I've just pulled a muscle. Could it be something to do with ligaments??

Not sure to be honest, perhaps see your doc if it doesn't get any better?

:hug:

Only had scan yesterday morning so not worried about baby. Feels more like muscle pain than anything else. I'll give it a couple of days then see the doc. Just wondered if anybody had an idea

Hello, I have not had any aches like that but a friend of mine said that she really easily strained a muscle in her back at this stage of pregnancy because the muscles and ligaments around there are all being stretched as part of the changes that are naturally occuring. She said that she had to take it easy and try not to do anything that would make it worse. :hug:

It's better this morning. I think I just pulled my back and now I have flu. Taking a day off work so that will help.

I'm off with a cold today...normally I'd take all the remedies available and struggle on. It's just Vicks vapour rub for me now so I'm not going to be hero. If anyone knows of any safe remedies that work, it would be great to get rid a of some of the symptoms!

Hey hun

I done something to my back which sounds pretty similar a couple of weeks ago. It was fine one moment and I was clening the bathroom, then once in the shower it just went and I had to get out and even wait for my OH to come home to help me dress as I was in such pain!!

It was mildly better the next evening and by about 5 days later it was back to normal.

Hope yours wares off soon xx

it does sound like you have pulled a ligament, i get this pain with every pregnancy, usually if i sneeze or move in bed too fast, its like a shooting that feels really tight right at the side of my pubic bone but mine only lasts a few seconds :think:

I did this when I was about 6 wks pregnant. I was doing the strenuous task of turning a piece of toast! Bending down to the grill, when I tried to stand up, I couldn't and spent the weekend huddled on the settee! I advise a hot water bottle & paracetamol & plenty of rest!

What's caused it is the hormone "relaxin" which relaxes your muscles ready for birth! Be careful & take care of yourself. (although really the best way to deal with it is to keep moving!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back