Think its sinking in.

Bloom

Reaction score
30 weeks today :D feel like ive reached a milestone.

The hormones have got me again this week :evil: im feeling very up and down at the mo. :cry:

Its suddenly dawned on me how much my life is going to change, im so used to spending all my day at work that im starting to wonder what im going to do when im on maternity leave and once baby is here. I am a very social person and im not one for sitting in the house all day. I have only just realised i dont know anyone who lives in my village, let alone anyone whos pregnant or has a small baby :wall:. I do have lots of friends and family (some with small children) who live a half an hour drive away so im not completly alone but i get fed up of driving everywhere.

Think i need to find some mother and baby clubs near me. :D .

Anyone else feel like this.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
We're going to be mummies soon!!!!!
I intend to join every mother and baby group going - signing, swimming, massage, playing, I don't really care what the theme is :D

Like you I'm very social. I've been home for the last week and a half and I'm feeling a bit lonely. OH is here and he works from home but I want to see more people! I've read 7 or 8 novels :shock:

:hug: :hug:

I already have two children but they are at school all day and i work all day so it will feel weird for me to be at home all of the time, but you will have lots to occupy you and mother/baby groups should be good which I might pop along to. I have a friend who is 7 weeks behind me and SIL who has and 11 month old. But it really is nice to have some time for just you and baby believe me they do grow up so quickly!!!

Are you planning on be a SAHM?

Im very excited about the whole thing too Kalia (glad im not the only one) who intends to join every club going. Im guessing it can get very lonely if you spend all your day at home with no adult company.

I cant join mother and baby till i have a baby so will have to find something else to do while on maternity leave before the birth.

Sophie i will not go back to work full time but maybe part time will have to see how things go.

That's the one thing that scares me: Not labour or pain... but isolation.

I am the kind of person that HAS TO be outside everyday, even just to pop down to the cornershop to get milk, or I go crazy.

None of my relatives (or my husband's for that matter) live in this country, most my friends aren't married/in relationships and they all are miles away from having babies...

Since I stopped working I haven't felt the boredom a lot, partly because I've been busy house-hunting and doing paperwork for that and other things... partly because I need like 15 hours of sleep a day!!!

I keep making my friends promise they'll come to see me if I can't go out because of the baby. Luckily the house where we are moving is still very near the centre and near where some of my friends live (easy to reach by all anyway).

In the last year 3 of my close friends relocated abroad and one got married but her husband lives abroad so she's always traveling to be with him (and rightfully so!) and I'm having a baby... everything changes and the thought of life bringing me apart from my friends scares me, especially because it's not like when I was in uni: out every night meeting knew people all the time... the occasions are much fewer now, and also I am more picky, I need someone I have something in common with...

...hopefully we'll all have our babies and still be ourselves, just an updated version, and be completely happy with our life :D

:shock: were all actually going to be mums :shock:

ive been waiting for him 2 pop out for god nos how long lool

but i jst realised im guna have a lil boy calling me mummy :eek: :eek: :eek:

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I am worried about being lonely too (my in laws bug me and my own family are 300 miles away)
I intend to do every club going, just for the social factor really.
My sister recommended this site http://www.netmums.com/h/f/HOME/home/
you log in details of where you live and it gives you loads of info about all the different clubs and activities in your area. I have found it invaluable.

i had the 30 week realisation too :shock: i also dont know anyone close with babies and never been around them , ever!!!

Bloom said:
30 weeks today :D feel like ive reached a milestone.

The hormones have got me again this week :evil: im feeling very up and down at the mo. :cry:

Its suddenly dawned on me how much my life is going to change, im so used to spending all my day at work that im starting to wonder what im going to do when im on maternity leave and once baby is here. I am a very social person and im not one for sitting in the house all day. I have only just realised i dont know anyone who lives in my village, let alone anyone whos pregnant or has a small baby :wall:. I do have lots of friends and family (some with small children) who live a half an hour drive away so im not completly alone but i get fed up of driving everywhere.

Think i need to find some mother and baby clubs near me. :D .

Anyone else feel like this.

I feel exactly like this. You have just put into words what I don't seem to be able to articulate at the moment.

I live in a small village and know a few people but no one with a baby. My family are all about a half an hour drive away.

Since Sunday I have been feeling really emotional my OH just irritates me and I feel as though he isn't that interested in the baby or pregnancy. I keep bursting into tears over nothing. Hopefully this phase will pass :D

im feeling the same too bloom and also because I don't drive i think I will really have to make an effort locally and im moving to a new area too! :shock:

I find it very difficult to make friends being quite shy but will still join every group going and am possibly going to volunteer for the local NCT group (although that might be a bit ambitious with young baby!!!)

It's nice to think you lot will be keeping sane in the baby natter threads :D

Aye I feel the same, especially since this is the second.

Em you got me, and I can come round and harrass you :dance:

Babylicious said:
Aye I feel the same, especially since this is the second.

Em you got me, and I can come round and harrass you :dance:

:D Yeah please do!

I'm a bag of nerves at the mo worrying about the birth, how i'll cope!!
All normal though I know - Glad i'm not the only one.

I got from being really excited to being very frightened about it all, especially as OH is being useless as ever :roll: :roll:

I am very lonely too, i have Isla at home but still miss adult company, DH works 6 days a week and i spend utnil 7pm on my own. I too have to go out every day but there is only so much you can do everyday without spending money all the time. My family and borther and sister all live within driving distance but they all work full time and cant come visit me all day. My mum doesnt work but cant spend all day every day with me, i love my kids but could never be a stay at home mum all day long year after year, my few hours of work keep me sane, i wont mind once the baby comes but until then i hate maternity leave. I wish i could have worked right up until the birth but i just couldnt physically do it. I am normally very active and walk everywhere, horseride and cycle with Isla on the back but have no energy to do anything at the moment.

Come on baby! :cheer:

Happybunny ive been looking on that website too seems really useful.

Im glad im not the only one is feels like this i felt a bit silly posting it has oh thinks im over-reacting.

hi

thanks for the website happy bunny, i am scared of being lonely too in my wee village.

I am determined to get out an about, i do actually get on with my mother-in-law and she has been keeping me sane and we have been going on walks and to the shops now and again. apart from that too tired to do much else as work is so hard i can't be there

i have not left the house today but really fancied a chat and latte with someone, i should have just gone to my local coffee house and sat with a magazine but i lost my nerve.

I am sure we will all find things to do and,,,,there is always the forum :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back