Think I'll be on here a lot more now....

shadow

Reaction score
Well as of Friday, the Occupational health department of my Employer advised me I was not fit for work. I've been diagnosed with Carpal tunnel Syndrome by the doctor, and it has been increasingly more difficult for me to work (I worked in an office, on a computer for about 7.5 hrs a day!). I had a meeting with them on Friday, where upon I was told to go home, and sign off sick for the next 2/3 weeks, and then my maternity leave will kick in from my 36th week.

So I'm kind of a lady of leisure now, dont quite know what to do with myself, it all happened a bit suddenly, I had prepared myself mentally to finish work in about 5 weeks time, I didnt even have a leaving lunch! Was packed off home, and didnt even have time to turn my out of office assistant on for my eMails!

So for any ladies who dont work, or have already started their maternity leave- what do you do with your time?

Look after my LO, cleanning, sleep, and come on here :D

(Mainly its come on here though while LO is at school and not very much cleaning :wink: )

Same except no little one to look after (yet) dunno how these super mums do it? I get knackered being here alone!! :hug:

Hello Shadow :wave:

What do I do with my time? Well, I waste a significant portion of my day on Facebook/pregnancyforum. I sleep lots (which has done me the world of good), I work on my Masters assignment (due in Monday erk) and I do the odd bit of housework when I can be bothered. I might have to dig out some jigsaws and my old cross-stitch too soon.

Can I ask you about carpal tunnel syndrome? When I first became pregnant I developed bad shooting pains in the webbing between my index and middle fingers on both hands. That area is now completely numb but when I scratch my wrist I can feel it and it feels horrible. My midwife suggested CT syndrome - is this what it's like and is it common in pregnancy? It's weird and horrible; I can't wait til it feels normal again.

Anyway look forward to seeing more of you xxx

Most of my time is taken looking after Oliver but when i go over mums(most days) il sit and craft with her and make cards and try out ideas for my wedding invites and make birthday cards!!!

Hey!
I am off sick until my maternity leave starts and haven't worked since the beginning of January as my job aggrevated my back way too much.
It' kinda strange - it was especially at the beginning - because i'm only 27 weeks gone now and so ive got a long way to go!

So what do i do... well my OH works late afternoon/evening time until often quite late at night 1-2am so i tend to stay up until he gets home and sleep in til late (i.e i'm still in bed now, lol).

I come on here a lot.
I do some of my OU course.
I tidy/clean/iron/nest generally
I did some painting the other day
Sometimes i read
I eat a lot of chocolate
I bake cookies

It's all good fun :)

My midwife says i've got CT too. It doesnt bother me too much, it sounds like you have it too Debbecca as the symtoms you described are what I have. I'm seeing my MW this afternoon and I work on a laptop all day as well.... I now have thurs and fri off everyweek and I sleep all morning, Preg Forum, Lunch, prepare yummy dinners for my hubby... no housework tho, cant be asked!

I should be working still but been signed off til Mat leave was due to start on 21st March.

My day is taken up with spending way too much time on here, cleaning house, washing, ironing and napping :D

Like most other people, I live on and spam the forum. I clean, wash, sleep, decorate and go out for coffee or lunch with anyone I can leap on.

debecca said:
Hello Shadow :wave:

What do I do with my time? Well, I waste a significant portion of my day on Facebook/pregnancyforum. I sleep lots (which has done me the world of good), I work on my Masters assignment (due in Monday erk) and I do the odd bit of housework when I can be bothered. I might have to dig out some jigsaws and my old cross-stitch too soon.

Can I ask you about carpal tunnel syndrome? When I first became pregnant I developed bad shooting pains in the webbing between my index and middle fingers on both hands. That area is now completely numb but when I scratch my wrist I can feel it and it feels horrible. My midwife suggested CT syndrome - is this what it's like and is it common in pregnancy? It's weird and horrible; I can't wait til it feels normal again.

Anyway look forward to seeing more of you xxx

Sounds like CT Syndrome. With me, my thumb, index and middle finger have no sensation in them, they feel like sausages on the ends on my hand! I get shooting pains in my wrist if I move it a particular way, and in the night time both my hands go completely numb. Oh i cant grip either in my right hand, cant make a fist.

Basically worked signed me off to cover themsleves, as CT syndrome is the same as RSI, and they cant risk me coming back after my maternity leave, still with CT Syndrome, and saying they were to blame- I did find working on a computer all day made it loads worse; a lot of the time I cant even drive (cant grip the steering wheel!). Suppose i will have to limit my internet time to give my hand time to rest, or I'll do the same damage that I would have done in work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back