Things I wish I'd known first time round

best bit of advice i got: ignore labour until you cant possibly ignore it amy longer! oh and if you tear badly they stick a finger up your bum to check its not gone right thru! LOTS of gas and air needed for that!!

I think its rediculous how they assume your in early labour because your coping with contractions! When somebody who is screaming the place down..could be only like 1cm dialated!

I think im definently preparing for how painful it can be afterwards, the blood and boob pain! Ouch! Also to prepare for stiches! Seen as i tore first time round!

xx

oh I love this thread! Keep it coming mummies!! What is is like when your milk comes through?

no 1 told me about the blood clots afterwards.i got sssooo worried 1 night i had the biggest clot ive ever seen. no 1 ever even told me u get them after birth.
also be prepared u may need a cathater. i never even crossed my mind that i would have 1, they are awful

You boobs go hard huge and you leak anywhere and everywhere I sat of a evening talking to dh parents only to feel slightly damp when I moved and a milky smell I didn't release until I made a cup of tea I had leaked and one side of my top was wet what didn't help was it was a nice mint green colour which showed up the leaking evening better and that was with three breast pads on at once!!!!
Also the underneath of your arms your armpit hurts as Well due to milk!! I felt like Jordan!!!! X x

i didnt find the milk that bad! i was literally bigger than jordan tho! oh yea and as soon as you feel up to it after birth, put a bra on, and dont take it off for a few weeks! well, obv take it off, but sleep in them and everything!

i invested in some control knickers and lived in them too and i'm convinced they helped bind everything back together!

The milk part was horrible when mine came through! My boobs throbbed and were so hot!! No one told me how uncomfitable your be after you give birth, i could hardly sit down after!
One thing i did that my mum made me do was did most of my labour at home! I only went to the hospital when i couldn't cope anymore and when i got to the hospital i gave birth 2 hours later! I highly recommend hanging on for as long as poss!!

Control knickers? What are they? Like skin tight knickers?

Oh god the boob pain, i didnt even breastfeed and i felt as though they were going to burst!! Showering was terrible!

And as for clots, i really feel they should
Inform you before hand!!!!
As i was showering after the birth, i felt as though i was givin birth again, and this huuugeee clot fell to the floor! I screamed! Midwife came rushin in and said ''ohh phew, thought you'd hurt yourself, thats just a clot, completely normal!'' -- :-| it was the size of my fist!!

Another thing- stitches- ouchhhh!

x x

control knickers are like the bridget jones pants, you know like, hold everythiing in? i got them super tight too so it proper forced everything in!

GOOD GOD!! :( I don't want to do it anymore!

I think perhaps ignorance is bliss ;)

Control knickers? What are they? Like skin tight knickers?

Oh god the boob pain, i didnt even breastfeed and i felt as though they were going to burst!! Showering was terrible!

And as for clots, i really feel they should
Inform you before hand!!!!
As i was showering after the birth, i felt as though i was givin birth again, and this huuugeee clot fell to the floor! I screamed! Midwife came rushin in and said ''ohh phew, thought you'd hurt yourself, thats just a clot, completely normal!'' -- :-| it was the size of my fist!!

Another thing- stitches- ouchhhh!

x x

my clot was the same. but it was like a week and half after the birth so it really worried me i even rang the hospital 2 check, scary stuff.

I have to say that some of the points in this thread are scaring the sh** out of me!! Did anyone listen to radio2 today where that woman said she had no labour pains, went for a wee and the baby came out and went in the toilet??!! I didn't believe her for a second but I am secretly hoping for a birth like that!!!!

Haha i think il have to get some bridget jones knickers! ;-)

Good GOD - no labour pains!
I find that very unbeleivable too, but i do hope for the same haha, perhaps not in the toilet mind!

Another thing i think i wish id of known..is how to speak up for myself in hospital! Was in hos for 5 days with Hayden, cos his jaundice levels wer rising slowly but they woulnt do anything! Then my mum spoke up and demanded UV lights - an hour on the sunbed (lol) and his levels dropped drastically and i was allowed home that night!!!

x x

omg i seriously cant see how you can have no pains and the baby just pop out! i mean, i went for a shit and had a baby, but i knew i was in labour!! just didnt realise it would be quite so fast :lol: i really cant believe she had no pains!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back