There, I've done it!

ISH

Reaction score
Got a BF ticker :D

It just struck me that I've been through a LOT to keep it going, I'm quite proud! Inverted nipple, baby being a biter, bad latch, cracked, bleeding, scabby nipples, tried feeding him on one boob only because the other was so painful I cried every time I fed him, expressed every 2 hours day and night for ages, now finally things are going more smoothly and we're EBF... but damn! it's been a bumpy ride!

They never tell you BF is harder work than a full time job, do they?

Last edited:
This boy'd better make it up to me and make me some nice coffees later on! :D Feels like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards; all the weight loss seemed appealling too, until I saw photos of my face, and I look gaunt and 50 years older than December last year!

Well done Ish, nobody warns you how challenging it will be, and that you have to give yourself over to it completely. I think after going through pregnancy, then labour then BFing it really pushes you to a limit!

Everything that you've faced and come through the other side, defo should be a proud mummy :yay:

its a bt hellish at times isnt it. i hope i can get to the stage where i can ebf. i do tend to cave at 3am after she wont settle tho and give her a bottle....its pretty much the only one she has now. i do think if i didnt get the little sleep i do (5 hrs last night, tho broken by 2 hr span for feed n settle) id have quit bf completely by now as painful as its been so my hats off to you for expressing every 2 hrs hun. your a star x

Well done hun! I am not getting rid of mine although i am mixed feeding cause i bloody deserve it!

sent from my Galaxy s2

Well done hun, I have had to give up after harry didnt put on weight but wish that I cud still be doing it!! Keep up the good work!!
xxx

Well done hun! I am not getting rid of mine although i am mixed feeding cause i bloody deserve it!

sent from my Galaxy s2
Good on you - besides, the first few weeks are the toughest anyway :hug:

sent from my Galaxy s2
Good on you - besides, the first few weeks are the toughest anyway :hug:

Seven weeks of hell called low milk supply and then I started topping up. It was like finding water in a desert, literally saved me from death

sent from my Galaxy s2

There's nothing like that horrible feeling when your baby is crying for hunger and you know you can't feed him :( Had 2 evenings of that, then stared pumping like a maniac, I couldn't take it!

Well done Ish. You've done really well.xx

Nothing can prepare you for how difficult it is at the start. Colby still wakes every 2-3 hours (sometimes less) and then takes me ages to get back to sleep. I never knew I could function on such broken sleep, but it's all worth it.

Well done hun, you're doing a great job :dance:

Well done!!

Those are some high hurdles youve had there!

Well! It turns out my mum fed him a bottle without telling me a few days ago when I thought I'd EBF, so I chucked away all the bottles I had in the fridge except 2. I may be distracted, but I can count to two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back