There is hope girls!

minikins

Reaction score
Just a quick thread to say there is hope for all you TTC'ers.

I was TTC for 4 years with no reasons as to what was wrong (went to docs etc), so we just carried on trying and got stressed and each period I had to me felt like a miscarriage.

We were due to start IVF this year, when I suddenly became pregnant.

It just happened with no rhyme or reason!! And now our bambino is born our sex life is so much more relaxed as it's not planned or worried about etc, ironic really as we could have done with a better sex life to get the baby in the first place - giggle!

Good luck girls it's all worth it in the end, even the lack of sleep is ;)

Hi Minikins

How old is your little one now? I remember you saying you had been trying for 4yrs... i was in the early stages of trying when you where pregnant.... I'm now getting very frustrated and impatient. Thanks for the words of encouragement. The best thing is to relax and let it happen but that's not quiet an option for me... i'm the most impatient person in the world... friends and work collegues who where trying at the same time as me have their babies already... and i'm still trying! doesn't seem fair.

Going to visit the family planning clinic to see if i can get them to book us into the hospital for some tests. I've been off the pill for 14 months now!

x

For each month of the 4 years I was well impatient too, I could not really relax and maybe that was part of my problem. It's too easy to say just chill because when somethings as important as wanting a baby you can't chill if it's not as easy as you thought it would be.

I don't think I ever really relaxed in the four years because as time went on I got even more concerned, it's a vicious circle but you can make it.

I am just glad there is a site like this for support for people who are TTC, i wish I found this site when I was!!

Keep the faith Hayley :)

Thanks Minikins for the encouragement. I have been TTC for 2 years and 4 months and it's just so frustrating, especially when you see everyone around you getting pregnant. People that "shouldn't" get pregnant in your eyes, e.g. my sister's very overweight friend who got pregnant by accident at age 42 (she was happy with her two kids), or my other friend who didn't have sex with her hubby in the first six months of her marriage, who has just announced that she got pregnant after her first cycle of trying!

I will keep trying to be calm and not force it and be as healthy physically and mentally as I can be...and perhaps after all this time, like you, a normal, spontaneous (i.e. non-AI/IVF) pregnancy will happen!

Congrats on the beautiful baby!!

margaret said:
it's just so frustrating, especially when you see everyone around you getting pregnant. People that "shouldn't" get pregnant in your eyes,

That's so spooky I felt the same it kept happening and I was getting very upset but did not want to show my friends that i was.

Still I got there in the end and so will you by hook or by crook ;)

I know this isn't totally relevant to the point of this thread.

But Mimikins, I am so glad that you are enjoying your sex life! I thought that things would go out of the window in that department as soon as our baby came along.

Its soooooo relieving to know that you are finding time for that stuff in your busy schedule!

Phew, thats a big relief to me! :D

LOL you and sex Sarah - you make me laugh :lol: I wish I was having as half as much as you both!!

Think I will start a new thread about that as that part of my life now may be reasuring to others - it does not have to end once the baby is here, I thought it would but I was wrong ;) !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back