themes

dani

Reaction score
So what's everyone doing their nursery room theme in??? I can't decide i knew what it would of been if i had a girl but im having a boy so i dunno now.

I'm doing the humphrey's corner theme got all the matching stuff from mothercare a few weeks ago, as its all beiges but they are getting the new range soon which is more reds and blues

never heard of it....i was thinking bout the baby blues clues but i cant find much of it so ill prolly go with baby mickey n friends. since my carebear idea was shot to pieces when i found out i was having a boy:)

Hi I know this is late to reply,

but talking about humphrey's corner, I know I am very early on in my stage but my partners surname is humphrey and he loves the idea of a humphreys corner nursery, he has been looking all over the web at the humphreys corner goodies.

So I hopefully we will also be having a humphreys corner nursery, the good thing about it you can adapt it to a boy or girl if you plan not to find out what you are having.

Which is what we plan to do
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sarah
xx

ooops sorry eye sight is going already it isnt to late to reply sorry :oops:

Well my nursery has been yellow for months but that is as far as we have got.

The whole room is now full of bathroom stuff :( , as we are ripping out the bathroom at the mo. MAD!

When it is finally clear and I have got passed the next scan (2 weeks and 4 days to go) we will think about the next bit.

The DH actually spoke about mobiles the other day. Bless him. He's quite broody!

It's a pity, but I really wanted Calvin and Hobbes nursery stuff, (my husband and I aren't all pastel colours and pink elephanty sort of people) And I found out that you can't get Colvin and Hobbes merchandise...so I'm thinking, because art is a sort of hobby of mine that I might cheat a little and put Calvin and hobbes murals on myself from all the books we have in the house! I know, I know, more effort and so on, but I really like the idea! All on a yellow background.

Sue

The mamas and papas 'my little pets' is on offer at a few places at the moment and is great for a boy, in fact it's so nice it made me wish for a boy lol only joking but it's sooooo cute

mylittlepet1.jpg

I finally decided on a theme for the nursery its going to be baby sesame street ive found some really cute and rare items so im excited. we also decided on a name to were naming him Aidan Michael heheh

We're going to paint the room white and we're getting plastic cutouts ready in blue and pink for the older kids to put on the walls when we're in hospital.

The nursery is tiny so hopefully the white will make it look bigger than the current bright pink in there, and it's going to be my office once baby goes into his/her proper room so we can just take the cutouts off the walls and it won't need decorating again.

Tracy

our babies room will be blue with finding nemo because of all the bright colours! We have got a furry rug for touching and some wall stickers for colours to focus on, babies light Blues, Greens, bright yellows, Reds and we have got a 3 spot light with bugs Great from Ikea!

So lots happening!

Just waiting for 3D Scan to confirm its a boy! then painting goes ahead

im not p/g but ive got it all planned lol. wooden floors, cream walls, with thin bands of beige and brown bordering the top parts of the wall, to complement my unisex teddybear theme. Baby safe sheepskin rug, teddy picture frames, teddy curtain ties, teddies of corse, and beigey velvety curtains. snazzy! Oh and a rocking chair in the corner, with beige/cream/ brown soft furnishings dotted about... cant wait!

Hello

You all have great ideas!!! Weve decided Whinnie the Pooh cuz we both love it. We have a tattoo of Whinnie and Piglet on our left shoulder blades.
Plus i have tons of Whinnie the Pooh stuff already. My dad painted the nursery Two light shades of purple yesterday so we just have ot find a nice border for the midlle. Hope all goes well with your nurserys.
Katrina

with my first son Aidan, I did his nursery in primary colors with white furniture, i even painted his fan baldes diferent colors and the light plates diferent colors. it was beautiful. With this baby i like care bears cause they have a few ones over here that adapt to boy or girl. I also likestrawberry shortcake for a girl other half likes baby snoopy. go figure. he is all man.
LEslie

Great ideas for your baby's new bedroom.....

I am not sure what to do as I am renting an appartmant for just 6 months starting next month. Therefore, it will be difficult to personalize the home too much. It is not the kind of place where I can paint the walls either as the building is newly built - (I wouldn't even ask to do that)

I also am not finding out the sex of the baby, I want it to be a surprise on the due date.

If anyone has any ideas, please swing them my way, I could use all the help I can get right now. I have heaps to do in such little time as I will be flying out of the city in 3 weeks for the country where my partner and I (and family, as they are all flying in for Xmas and the baby's delivery) what should I buy before heading to a town of less than 15,000 people???

Any advice would be awsome! Thanks, Tineke

how about leaving the room plain, and letting the soft furnishings bring the life and colour into the room, that way you can move and take them with you! You can turn the simplest room into a fantastic one with little splashes of colour here and there, maybe lemon and apple colours, soft but also unisex. Different textures of cussions, throws, curtains,-i find this to work best in a plain room. Even little colourful rugs... ikea do great ones, check out ebay.

This thread helps
http://iafrica.com/property/diy/365696.htm

Thanks Melanie, I had a good read of the information you sent through. It was greatly appreciated.

I am so excited about everything, that I can't seem to make decisions about anything anymore. I honestly though I would be more organizrd about the arrival of my baby - LOL

Thanks, Karen

Thanks Melanie, I had a good read of the information you sent through. It was greatly appreciated.

I am so excited about everything, that I can't seem to make decisions about anything anymore. I honestly though I would be more organized about the arrival of my baby - LOL

Thanks,Tineke

I also love the baby snoopy theme but its hard to find where I live thats why we decided on the sesame street theme because its so cute and so easy to find here where i live. Ive found tons on ebay as well. I also liked the baby blues clues which is also hard to find:(

I love the carebears for a girl thats what i was going for if i had a girl but nope not this time. Also thought the hello kitty theme was adorable for a girl.

I dunno bout you ladies but i just cant wait for january to get here it seems like its taking for ever and a day. and i just want to hold my lil man.

welp take care my fellow prego ladies n god bless

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back