The wickerman

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Has anybody watched this film? I watched it today with Ian and Alfie and I understand it i think but im confused about some parts lol, just wondered if anybody had seen it and what they thought of it? :think:

ive seen it and i thought it was very confusing to be honest but it was ok i guess

Depends whether you mean the original (which I love) or the remake which I refuse to watch lol

I can only go by the original, which was written and produced by a priest hoping to scaremonger people against the pagan religions. It worked, and its where the media misrepresentations started ie all pagans have naked orgies and dance naked round camp fires, and much much worse.

Basically the storyline is pretty thin, its the blatant twisting of pagan beliefs mixed with pagans facts that gave it oomph and cult status.

So in other words, dont believe a word of it lol, but to really enjoy it you have to see the original :D

yeah i saw the new one i thought it was a bit crap. what do you wanna know?

well at the beginning what was the significance of the accident?
why diod he keep having those dreams?
why did they kill the pilot if they wanted the man there?
just silly little things i didnt get
i spent the whole film thinking ooooo this is really good something is going to happen thats fantastic and that was it, nothing really happened, he got burnt no explanation or anything! felt so sorry for him

Those things dont happen in the original, which might explain why it doesnt make much sense lol!

I havnt seen the remake, but ive heard others say its crap compared to the original, although the original does have some questionable scenes (especially the directors cut - never want to see that one again!) that wouldnt be suitable for kids. Definitely not. It does have a nice little story if a bit thin but its easier to follow by the sounds of it!

I saw the new version at the cinema. I cant answer your Q's because i cant remember that much of it, i was just quite pleased to see someone do that to nic cage, its about time :rotfl:

tangerinedream said:
I saw the new version at the cinema. I cant answer your Q's because i cant remember that much of it, i was just quite pleased to see someone do that to nic cage, its about time :rotfl:

Damn hadnt thought about it like that, might have to see it now just for that![/b]

tangerinedream said:

:evil: :shock: I love Nicholas Cage! :shock: :evil:

Don't watch the new version its sh*t. The original is a masterpiece though.

i dont any of the answers sorry :oops: the film was obviously worse than i thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back