The smear sticky (sounds lovely doesn't it?!)

I am so pleased for this thread as i like many ignored the smeat test call ups for 5 years and then panicked to the point of nearly crying waiting for the results... i felt the luckiest person in the world when they were all clear as i was convinced something was wrong.... i cant stress the importance of having this test. Thanks for everyones comments, good, bad and sorted as it really makes you think how your life can change if ignored :hug:

louise_c said:
has anyone had to go back for a smear after 6 mth, i got minor abnormality so just wondering if anyone has been in same boat.

I haven't but my friend did and her second test came back fine and clear. Just wanted to send out some hugs your way :hug:

I went for mine a couple of weeks ago and got the letter yesterday to say everything was normal :cheer:

I will never miss another smear test again.

ive been booked in for my 1st smear on the 11th march!!!

after seeing all on the news about jade goody it makes me more determined to go!!!

I dont know why i feel so embarrassed ive had every tom dick and harry look /hands up me(even my OHs ex gf!!! :shock: )

Sorry I haven't updated this thread for so long, just doing it now...I'm glad to see so many of you ladies have been....

erm... I really need to book myself in :oops: :oops: :oops:

Urchin said:
Sorry I haven't updated this thread for so long, just doing it now...I'm glad to see so many of you ladies have been....

from what i can see you have been saying that since august...and you started the thread...naughty naughty :talkhand: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

seriously ring them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said aggges ago I would book one :oops:

I finally went on Tuesday though and had one.

i booked mine today eventhough the receptionist did say i was young for it i told her that I wanted one !

i had mine done last Friday...i hate them but i needed an upto date one for my next IVF cycle.

I finally had it and it is negative! YAY!!

Basicalyy I was asking my GP for it for AGES! But because of their stupid policy "you are too young" (Im 23 and had a baby!) they always refused!
So a couple of months ago I got an invitation from BUPA for a COMPLETE health check (for FREE!). It included smear and boobie check for women!
Done it couple of weeks ago and it just came back as negative!
Well chuffed!!

Urchin said:

I am cross with you for not getting it sorted!!!!! Come on now, Monday just phone them up and make the appointment, it won't take you 5 minutes!! I'll be checking on Monday to see you have done it ;)

wow i wasted a whole hour of my day waiting in the surgery just to be told ' your far too young for a smear test' ! :evil:
so i go to the nurse why cant i have a smear test she goes the nhs/goverment says its not nessacery untill your 25!
so i asked her what if something is wrong with me now an her response was 'you'll know when you are having symtoms'. i dont know what the symtoms are so i asked and the cheeky cow went ' im not going to tell you !!!!!'
arrrgggghhhhh that made me so mad if she wasnt an old lady she would of got it :rotfl:
so ill just have to wait 4 years for a letter to come through my front door!

Got mine booked!!

Im not bothered about having it done.. its the waiting for the results i hate. I had mild inflammation before so had to go for a colposcopy.. turned out it was just the HPV virus. If only they had had the vaccine in my day!!

I cant believe they still havent lowered the age.. i always thought you had it done when you became sexually active!

Claire x

yeah i think it should be lowered.

here i am, just a few months after turning 25, and already have three kids, and this is my first smear.

well it wasn't that bad. she says result will be about two weeks, but don't worry if they are longer as of the backlog cause of everyone having them done cause of jade goody.

she also commented that i have tight muscles cause i was pushing the plastic thing out lmao

good to know it's still ok after three kids lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back