The smear sticky (sounds lovely doesn't it?!)

I just dont bloody believe it!!!! I went to my appointment, which was not in the right place (welcome to spain) so i travelled (late) to the other venue and got there to be welcomed with a massive queue only to be told i didnt have to queue in it!!! I went (half an hour late) to my appointment and got up on the table, legs spread and they told me i had just come on to AF just minutes before!!!! She's 1 day early!!! I am so pissed off as they have been arranging this for 3 weeks now. Anyway next apt is 1.10.08. Not happy. I hate the AF witch! :evil:

Hi,

Well I know that I promised that I would have mine done before I returned to work.....but I had mine today :cheer: Glad it's all over but she told me that I may be recalled as there might be a bit too much blood on the swab which could effect the results, :(

Fingers crossed that the results are back ok. :pray:

i asked for one today as i've been having troubles down there but they said i can't have one till i'm 25.that's 4 years away :-( Sweetcheeks, did you have any other signs apart from discharge? Xx

my appointment is next weds morning. something to look forward to...! :roll: :lol:

I just got my letter through the post last week for mine and I've not yet called to make an appointment. I WILL though. I WILL. I can't not after what's happening with Jade Goody now. Her cancer has spread and her survival is now 50/50. Poor, poor girl :(

Just wondered.. as i'm EBF i've not had a period.. when i rang to ask when i was due a smear she said come 14 days after period starts :think: asked lady on phone and she didn't even know you don't have periods when BF! So my question is when should i go if i'm not having periods? Am due one as i got my letter yesterday. I have them every 6 mths as i've had abnormal cells removed.

Well I had mine this evening, but I'm going to have to go back because she said I was bleeding. I wasn't bleeding b4 I went in there, it's typical isn't it! There's no way of knowing if I'm going to bleed or not because I don't have proper periods anymore with having the Mirena. She kept saying 'you're nervous aren't you' and 'relax' :wall: I was just really embarrassed. Don't wanna go back :(

:cheer: Yay, i had mine done on Wednesday! They used one of those new plastic spatula things so it wasnt cold like the old metal ones, it didnt hurt just felt a little uncomfortable (i dont like when they scrape the sides for a sample! :puke: ) and i was a little sore up there afterwards, but not much. I'm sooooo pleased it all over. I get the results on Tuesday 21st October so fingers crossed everything is ok :pray:

keli said:
Just wondered.. as i'm EBF i've not had a period.. when i rang to ask when i was due a smear she said come 14 days after period starts :think: asked lady on phone and she didn't even know you don't have periods when BF! So my question is when should i go if i'm not having periods? Am due one as i got my letter yesterday. I have them every 6 mths as i've had abnormal cells removed.

you can have it anytime, its only when your periods return that you have to leave it 14 days, if you have no periods then it doesn't matter.

To those putting it off, please make an appt. It could save your life. A few minutes embarrassment for the reassurance you are free of cervical cancer, or the chance to recieve treatment early when it is so much easier to treat. If you don't do it for yourself, please do it for your children.

:hug:

Well said Beanie :clap: I would never forgive myself if i left it (any longer!) and then found out i could have done something to cure me if i had tested just a few months before. I couldnt face looking my daughter in the eyes and telling her that its too late. I have already left the test much longer than it should have been left but at least i have done something now. Come on girls make that appointment!!!

Thanks Beanie :hug: I rang the docs and they said the same, i've got a appointment 23rd oct. xx

had mine done yesterday! so embarassing though :oops: i was lying there with my hands over my face!!!

i had mine done this afternoon. :D :D :D

can i have a gold star pleeeease??

I was told to wait until LO was 6 months old. I'm getting mine done today :bored: Luckily they don't bother me.

just thought id pop on and tell you i had mine this morning.
i was really cr*pping it, but it was absolutely fine, didnt feel a thing.. is that a good thing? :? :think: :rotfl:

i thought you had to be 25+ to have one? - would i get one if i asked??

yeah cos my mum and nan had stage 4 cervical cancer so the doctor said i could have one ages ago, but then i got pregnant and never got round to it but my mum forced me to!

plus, my mums friend http://c.walker-everett.gonetoosoon.org/ got cervical cancer when she was 22 and she died last month :( so that gave me the extra push as doctors refused to test her cos she was under 25 but now it's too late :(

That's so sad. I really need to make my appointment. Someone kick me up the arse, please. :pray:

Consider yourself kicked Debbie! lol. It only takes 2mins to make appointment.. ring doctors NOW! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back