The smear sticky (sounds lovely doesn't it?!)

I need one got a letter inviting me to get it done, trouble is I got the letter when I found out I was pg, so Im doing my best to remeber to get it done after I stop bleeding after having my baby, I didnt stop bleeding after my 2nd for about 3 mths after the birth :? must rember but knowing me ill forget

I had mine last week, I called to book it myself as I was due one while I was pregnant.
It was awful (I have them every 6 months as a lot of my family have had cervical cancer), I was in there 50 mins and the nurse said she scouldnt find my cervix :oops: :? :think: Do you think it could be cos my body isnt back to normal after having Megan? I've never had a prob with getting them before so now I'm pooping it :(
Anyway....I ended up with my head against the wall as I'd climbed that far up the bed when she was trying to find it, I had to sit in my car for 20 mins before I could drive as my legs were like jelly

MakkaP said:
I had mine last week, I called to book it myself as I was due one while I was pregnant.
It was awful (I have them every 6 months as a lot of my family have had cervical cancer), I was in there 50 mins and the nurse said she scouldnt find my cervix :oops: :? :think: Do you think it could be cos my body isnt back to normal after having Megan? I've never had a prob with getting them before so now I'm pooping it :(
Anyway....I ended up with my head against the wall as I'd climbed that far up the bed when she was trying to find it, I had to sit in my car for 20 mins before I could drive as my legs were like jelly

Awww hun... how awful!!! Never mind its done now :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well i went for my results today (i missed the last appointment! :oops: ) I was absolutely dreading it... i was convinced I was going to have some abnormal cells BUT everything is NORMAL :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: God im so relieved i was dreading going. Everything is all sorted now for another 2 years. Woooo Hoooo!!!! :D

I am long overdue a smear - just calculated almost 7 years :( My problem is I know both the practice nurses in my surgery, and I dont know why but feel really worried about going, but I have read through the thread, Freya starts nursery on a wednesday next week so am just going to ring and book, have to do it, for the girls.

EllieG, don't wait till wednesday,phone monday. get it done.its well overdue!!

DebbieM - have you made your appt yet? If not, why not, do it on monday.I want to hear from you both that you have your appts booked.

I am being bossy beanie tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Had mine yesterday... was a bit worried as nothings been up there since Cooper born :oops: but it was fine..a little to fine!.. think i need to be doing my pelvic floor excercises more! :lol:

i made an appointment the other day for the 6th nov. have never had one before, not bothered bout going for it because iv had 8 internal examinations when i was told id lose my baby last year, its the results im scared of x

how did it go louise?

well i am back from mine... i had one a month ago but she couldn't proceed because i started bleeding when she inserted the speculum. so i went back today and apparently i have cervical erosion :eek: i was so worried i asked her outright is this what happens when you have cervical cancer but she said no, it's probably due to the coil. i have a 2 week wait for the results now :cry:

hi it went fine get results in about 4 weeks i had it at half 7 in morning before work-nice haha but was over and done really quick. the nurse said i should be proud for making myself go. x

OK wish me luck. I finally got myself in gear and I'm having mine this afternoon at 4.30pm :oops:

Good Luck Bex it will be fine.

I really think i need to push my docs for one but as im under 25 tbh i havent asked since ive had dd last i did they said was no need.

But my mums had cervical cancer which she got just after her 1st baby so i really think i should get checked.

my first one is booked for thursday, they make you have them from 18 here i think, and you need to have one after having a baby no matter what your age..

my first one is booked for thursday, they make you have them from 18 here i think, and you need to have one after having a baby no matter what your age..

I had mine! I was brave!

The good news ladies is that instead of the nasty spatula they used to use which was all scrapey and horrible and he, they now use a nice soft brushy thing which you barely feel at all! Yay!

Also my nurse told me that they're now nationalising the guidelines so it should now be every 3 years for every woman regardless of where you live in the country until you're 50 which is great news as it means I only have 7 smears left in my lifetime.

got to go bak in may fo one had minor abnormal cells might b because its my first or it might sort itself if not least i went i guess. trying not to worry about it though

Sorry girls, I thought that I had let you all know that I had my results back and I'm fine. :cheer:

Never noticed this thread before :oops: I just want to urge anyone who is due a test to go and have it, and dont put it off!! :shakehead: Ten years ago I had several abnormal smears after putting off going for one for about 3 years, and God I wish I had gone sooner :wall: As it happened I had extremely eroded cells on my cervix which escalated from a mild problem to critical within a 6 month period, and eventually I had to have a biopsy and then Letz treatment - similar to laser - to remove the cells before they developped into full blown cancer. They considered it as pre-cancerous, because although a few cells had begun to grow the disease, they managed to remove all the bad ones and luckily nip it in the bud :) It was probably the single most scariest thing Ive ever been through in my life, and I would hate for someone else to go through this when it could have been caught much earlier if only I had gone for my smear when they first called me :wall:

Since then I have been on annual recall for smears and have constantly been checked in between smears too for my own piece of mind more than anything. Thankfully all has been clear now for 10 years, and Ive also had 2 healthy babies so my cervix has done me proud!! :dance: Anyway, last month I went for the latest in this long line of annual smears and have just had my results. Not only is everything all clear up there, but I have been released from annual recall and now only have to go every 3 years like every other woman!! :cheer: :cheer: WOOOOO!!!! I cant tell you how good it feels to finally have the cloud lifted, I am so chuffed :cheer:

Dont forget girls...please go for your tests! x :hug:

has anyone had to go back for a smear after 6 mth, i got minor abnormality so just wondering if anyone has been in same boat.

I am pleased to annouce that I have booked my first smear for tuesday next week. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back