The side you sleep on

JensBump

Reaction score
I know I read that we should try to sleep on our left side becuase of increased blood flow but is there actually anything wrong with sleeping on the right - even for part of the night?

i always sleep on my right x cant help it xx

I don't think so really. Plenty of people have no idea about the left hand side sleeping theory.
I'm sure it won't do any harm x

I sleep on my left now after reading stuff about it. Was so scared it kinda stuck in my head. But now I'm used to sleeping on my left. Don't actually think there is anything wrong with sleeping on your right. All the studies are so small and not very in depth i believe.xx

Good cause I do try to sleep on the left - even swapped sides with DH for a few nights but it didn't help - sometimes she kicks me a lot when I am on the right so I do move then but otherwise think I spend half on my right and half on my back or the left.

I toss and turn all night - the only way I can't get remotely comfortable and sleep at all! I've been told that there is nothing wrong with sleeping on the right the only position to avoid is your back

i start off on my left but at some point always end up on my back or right side. Once I realise I move back to my left.
They say sleeping on your right side reduces blood flow to the baby as apparently there is a major artery on that side.... but I cant sleep on one side for the whole of the night, I get back ache

Same as jomc for me. Start on left, turn to right and sometimes back and then return to left. I did have a weird morning 2 weeks ago which I think was related to lying on my back all night and baby might have pressed on my aorta and made me light-headed, dizzy and shaky for a few hours. honestly don't worry too much on the side, as long as u r comfortable!

I tend to start on the left but i dont stay in any one position very long as i cant get comfy! lol
Ive stopped worrying about it, i havent slept exclusive on my left for 28 weeks and baby is happy and healthy, plus im sure in years gone by women werent aware of this and never did their babies any harm xx

I sleep all over the shot lol always try and sleep on left but always wake up somewhere else usually on my back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back