the pain in my back is unbearable...

laetitia85

Reaction score
hey ladies
haven't posted for a while, been so busy.
The pain in my back is getting really bad, and i'm worried because I'm only 23 weeks, my bump is not THAT big for me to be getting this kind of pain. I have tried everthing - 2 hot baths a day, massaging painrelief cream on the affected area, exercise, nothing seems to work. It hurts most when I sit down, funny enough. When i'm walking the pain is not as bad. at work I have to use a special chair that's flexible and that bends backward, because all the other chairs have straight backs and they hurt.

what's going on? any remedees anyone?

Hi honey, I'd noticed you haven't posted for a while, I'm glad you're ok. I have terrible pain although mine is in my lower back, hips and down my legs. The doctor says i have pgp (see link above) and has referred me for urgent physio and given me an extremely sexy (not!!) tubigrip to wear!! Keeping my knees together (bit late now :rotfl: ) as much as possible helps too, especially when sleeping. Hope you're feeling a bit better soon.

Take care
Alfie
xx

Hi there.

Are you feeling any better today?

I had a really bad back a few weeks ago (went to doc in a panic! Hurt to breath in deeply) I was better in a day and half. We came to the conclusion that as my bump grew my centre of gravity changed and it was just a bit of muscle strain and the whole back siezed up to protect it.

It sounds as though you are doing all the right things, but maybe go to see your doc if you're not getting any better.

Take care,
Ladybird :hug:

Very early on in my pregnancy I REALLY hurt my back and found that the best things for me were a hot water bottle and paracetamol. I guess you've tried those though...

Hi hun, have you thought about going to a chiropracter? I found one that also dealt with preg women in my last pregnancy and he sorted out my back pain completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back