the nuts thing...

MissGobby

Reaction score
...heard some people say not to eat nuts (i think thats what i heard?!?) lol but i was just wondering if its just peanuts or any nuts, only i am really into hazlenut yoghurts at the moment and im scared i could be doing something wrong by eating them?!

((sorry for being over dramatic lol)) :lol: bet your all sick of my posts already :lol:

i thought it was just peanuts...but dont quote me on that lol. hopefully someone else will know for def :)

The advice is avoid peanuts if you have a person in your family who has a nut allergy. If you are an allergy sufferer yourself (hayfever etc), or have asthma then you should avoid them.

Recent advice does now say that unless the above applies, pregnant women should eat some peanuts as by completely avoiding them your baby could be more likely to get a nut allergy.

Its a personal choice really, I avoided peanuts in the first tri, then have eaten them throughout the rest of my pregnancy (and yes I do get hayfever 8) )

Other nuts are fine at any point though.

I ate nuts all the way thru my pregnancy... i was told you only have to avoid them if theres any nut allergys in your family :)

(Firstly, post away! That's what we're here for :hug: )

I've read the same as above, my MW told me that recent studies show that introducing baby to nuts can help their immune system allow nuts and therefore potentially prevent them from developing a nut allergy!

Carry on eating those yukky yoghurts!!! xxx

I'm no expert but just wanted to give you my experience on this. With my first pregnancy I followed all the rules and avoided all the foods I was advised not to eat - including peanuts, runny eggs, pate etc. After all this wonderful advice, my son had infantile eczema and a peanut allergy!! Before you ask, this was clearly not hereditary as nobody on either side of our families has either skin problems or nut allergies so I'm convinced it is because he had no contact with certain things as a baby so never built up an immunity to them.

Thankfully he has actually grown out of both these allergies now he is nearly 3, which we were advised he might do. Apparently it's quite rare to carry an allergy your whole life from birth, most things are overcome by the time a child turns 4. However, I am not taking the chance again, and this time around I am eating what I want, when I want - within reason, obviously - and hoping this baby will be fine. The only things I'm completely avoiding are alcohol, tobacco (don't smoke anyway) and anything with vitamin a which can apparently cause birth defects. As far as I know, it is only peanuts you should avoid anyway, most other nuts are fine so go ahead with your yogurts! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back