The news is...there is no news!

LucyBee

Reaction score
Wow! What a surreal day/night I had yesterday!

Woke up with rock hard belly which was constant. Started to have contractions at about 12 so called the day assessment unit who told me to go in at 4pm. By the time I got there I was having contractions every 4 minutes.

I had an internal and cervix but soft but closed. Because contractions were so regular, I was admitted for monitoring.

By 8pm I was having contractions every 2 minutes and that lasted for four hours. The doctor told us that 'this is it' and to prepare for the baby arriving so Ali called his Mum and mine and we started to get mentally ready!

Then, about 1pm, everything slowed down. Contractions were really irregular and sporadic. I got transferred to ante-natal ward at about 2.30pm for monitoring as the doctor said things could 'go either way'.

The lovely doctor gave me 2 diazepam (rock and roll) and I slept from 3.30pm until 7am and since then...nothing!

I've had 2 contractions this morning but very mild so have been sent home!

I'm VERY happy our little lad didn't arrive last night though as they said he would have to go in to neo-natal for help with breathing and feeding and it would be much better if he arrived after 36 weeks so Ali and I had a long chat with him this morning and asked if he could hang on for a bit!

Thanks Daggers for posting last night and for lovely texts and thanks girls for leaving such lovely messages.

L xx

Glad things have calmed down hun, here's hoping he stays in there where it's nice and warm for now! :hug:

Yes, you keep that baby cooking a wee bit longer Lucy! :hug:

Glad things all calmed down, must have been very scary!

((((((((Lucy)))))))) Glad it's a lot quieter for you now, lets hope he listens to his parents and stays put for a bit! Wishing you a very peaceful and uneventful Christmas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it must be all this christmas excitement getting these babies going!! glad it all slowed down keep your legs crossed lucy xx :hug:

Glad he's decided to stay in there a while longer :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back