• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mother with a Grudge!

Pricey589

Reaction score
Trying to cut it short, my Mum lives with my Girlfriend's Dad. So naturally, she sees him when she comes down the house. Now, her Mum doesn't like him at all and hates her and the fact that she's seeing him.

I got a phone call earlier from her saying that her Mum has just said that she hates it, and told her to finish with me because of her seeing him.

I asked if everything is going to be OK and she couldn't answer me, she said that "Mum will end up making me choose"

I feel really hurt, the fact that we have been together for a few months, done the meet the family stuff, and we were going better than ever. I always go up the house, chill with the family, up her Grandparents house, and her the same, having such a lovely time, and now this.

Ive said that I will pick her up from work later and we have to talk to her Mum as I just cant accept this.

I feel really hurt, but don't know what I can say to her, and to be honest, the situation is not our problem, and I need to think of some good things to say. I'm a good talker when in the zone anyways. But I'm going to have to tell her strongly that its not our fault and don't break us up because of a grudge you have against her farther, its not fair.

Tough one... as family is family... BUT..

Theres nothing wrong with what you are doing, I think I told you that before. Her mum has such a big problem because her other half is nobbing a new bird (your mum, if I got it all the right way round, or the other way, but I know what I mean, lol) she has no right to tell her daughter to 'chose' (I cant spell today, appologies!!)

On an up note your a good talker, just talk to her about all the fun you have had, all the things u do together, any plans made for the future etc. Get her to think long term, and her mum will just have to get over it, NO mother should want to lose contact with thier daughter (tho there are some very strange people out there), theres nothing I could do that would make my mum dis-communicate me.

Do you love her!?

I love her with all my heart...we do have big plans for the future and want it together.

It's not that, its the fact that he walked out on them for someone else (not my mum) around 16 years ago. Horrible as that is, I think its a bit too long a time to hold that much of a grudge to want us to split up so she loses contact with him.

BLIMEY!! 16 years, yeah she should be over it by then...!!

Very odd, tell her you love her and want her. But at the end of the day it is going to be her decision, and she needs to make it on her own. There is nothing wrong with you trying to talk her in one direction, but, she needs to be sure in her final decision!!

Yeah I know...im picking her up from work later anyway. She said her mum text her saying that she wants to talk to her on her own later. But I still hope I can get a word in...

I am absolutely heart broken. Her parents have won and forced her to leave me.

I don't know what to do with myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back