• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The first signs of reflux are here :(

Dee1985

Reaction score
totaly gutted!!!

Dior suffered terrible with it, it can be comman in prem babies so i feared Harley might suffer, but he has been the best baby ever since birth,

feeds great winds great iv never heard him cry :shock:
untill today, he crys so high pitch after a feed sounds in so much pain hes only happy up on my sholder and breaks his heart when i lay him flat, is being sick clumpy thick sick..

i never even took Dior docs for her reflux i just thouht all babies were like it, and as i was never realy on here much then i had no one to ask.

so im going to take Harley. what happens? d they go by what i tell them or do tests??

whats the medication for?

dionne, there is many different remedies for it. Depends how bad it is etc. Rebecca was put on infant gaviscon, which didn't work and is now on prescribed milk, SMA Stay Down, which has thickened her vomitt ten fold, but it's still excessive. My GP said that she should grow out of it by the age of 6-7 months, but I wont hold my breath.

Other people I know on here's children are on Omneo Comfort which is also another popular milk.

It is such a hassle cause it seems the GP and HV's everyone has tell them different things :wall:

It's the screaming fits they have after a feed I hate.. :pray:

ruben tried gaviscon, but it never did anything for him apart from making him constipated, so he ended up in pain from that too as well as the reflux pain. i put my foot down with the GP and demanded they give him something for the pain (i can cope with the sick, as long as he's putting on weight - and he is a chunk so no problems there!)

he has now been on cimetidine since about 6-7 weeks old, and within 24 hours of going on it he was like a new baby! cimetidine is the medication they give to people with stomach ulcers. it reduces the amount of stomach acid that is produced - thereby eliminating the pain from the acid reflux. obviously with babies the dose is TINY compared to the adult dose. ruben is on 0.5ml 4 times a day. the GP prescribed it without any further tests, just by what i told her.

i've not tried omneo other than the odd bottle as ruben is breastfed with the odd bottle inbetween. it might be more effective with a baby that is fully bottlefed - same for gaviscon, it's supposed to work better mixed in with formula, but as i breastfed i had to mix it with some water and give it after the feed.

I wouldn't touch infant Gaviscon, it badly constipated Rebecca 2!x

I didnt know clumpy sick was also a sign of reflux becuase Ella has this constantly from one feed to the next. Iv suspected she might have reflux for a while, but the HV said at this age there's no point taking her to the docs becuase they wont do anything about it!

Sorry to hear that Dionne, hope you get it sorted soon xx

I wouldn't touch infant Gaviscon, it badly constipated Rebecca 2!x
gutted!!!!
i went to the docs he treated me like sh*t.
i didnt even finish my sentence he butted in, i said well he has a feed and when i lay him down he screams, he butted in and said, oh he just sounds spoilt!!!!

then i said no he seems in real pain, he said, have you ever been told about having to wind babies???

i put my foot down told him straight i think its a acid reflux problem, he looked at me like he didnt no what i wa son aout but in the end he gave me gaviscon and told me to go to my HV in future!!!

im defo interested in this

[/quote]he has now been on cimetidine since about 6-7 weeks old, and within 24 hours of going on it he was like a new baby

What an arsehole!!

Sorry am I allowed to say that? But there's no other word for your doctor. He had no right to treat you like that, you are only trying to help the poor little boy.

How about seeing a different doctor?

I hope you get this sorted soon ((hug))

OMG cannot believe that :shock: how unprofesional of him and why say go to your HV in furute they cant prescribe gaviscon can they! (or can u get it over the counter?) yes only word to describe him is arsehole :twisted:

with Dior when ever she was ill ild just deal with it myself as the doctors always treat me lik its in my head, i think they see im a young mother and think i aint got a clue, poor Dior had reflux for months i had no idea what it was untill she was 4months old and i watched a show and realised its what she had, poor thing had it for ages with no medication.

im not putting Harley through it all to..

im still having problems with Dior but the doctors keep saying it will pass..

she is 14months and stil has the runniest napppies her poohs are no way near solid and im sure they should be now she is a toddler. my childminder even told me to take her the docs as they should not be as runny as there are, iv tryed everythng with her diet but nothing helps :roll:

I have a friend who's kids (twins) are 3 and their poo has never been solid :shock:

Kim said:
What an arsehole!!

Sorry am I allowed to say that?

Sorry Kim am going to have to put my Mod hat on and say that you should have actually said

"what an arsehole of a Dr"

Sorry you got treated like that, good on ya for putting your foot down!!

I thought I might get in trouble lol :oops:

lol Kim, go and have time out on the naughty step :D

Can I sit on the naughty computer chair instead?? :lol:

Just this once but I want you to think long and hard about why you are there missy!!!!

what are the rules with swearing? am i able to put things like sh*t?

or wil i have to go on the naughty step :cry:

Well the forum rules are "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws, cause discomfort to any of our members or go against any of the rules issued by the administrators and set out herein. " So whilst it is understandable that occasionally there will be an occasional swear word any posts that are deemed to be abusive or vulgar will be removed. If anyone is offended by any posts, then please let Laura or one of the mods know as we can miss posts. Even if you feel that you arebeing silly etc please say as this forum is for everyone and we want everyone to feel confortable.

Hi

aww hun im sorry but al least you have some experience form Dior having it.
I hope it dont get too bad for ya good luck.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back